Page 258 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358758 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 258

William251 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Happy New Year and good luck with your goals1

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i'm sorry that you're dealing with this right now, i wish there was something i could do.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Wt. 230.8

I had a binge weekend. There are things going on in my life right now that are making it hard not to binge. I am going to use Primal as a way to avoid balooning back up to 280 lbs, but at this point I don't see any hope for further weight loss. When I was eating tons of sugar this weekend, my hypoglycemic reactions-breathlessness, anxiety, inability to sleep came right back. Unfortunately, it didn't scare me enough to stop me.
    I've got nothing on how to help, but my heart goes out to you and I hope things only get better from here.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks gang, as always, for the support. Worst case scenario...I don't get a handle on this until I'm in my 50's and post menopausal. The combo of stress, unhappiness and hormones is just too tough to fight. Until then, I'll at least try not to gain past where I am now.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    from one binger to another.. hang in there.. today I go minute by minute..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Same with sugar, while I don't get all of the symptoms that you get, it does make me horribly nauseous. But the draw to eat it is stronger than the fear of the sickness. Defies logic.
    Sugar can be no different that say heroin. It is extremely addicting & it triggers the same "mechanism" in our brains that any kind of habit forming drug can, that tells us we need more...must have more...need more now!! Throw the emotions into it & it can be our drug of choice.

I too wish I had some words of wisdom for you Pebbles. Not ever having to deal with this kind of thing tho I am at a loss & don't know how it must be. But I would like to throw this out there...have you ever been to a counselor? To maybe help you find out why you are binging & ways to help you deal with it? Sometimes I think we are our own worst enemy!!

Its done, you can't change it...just keep moving forward & make good choices today. Don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow. But what you can do today to eat healthy.

{{{hugs}}}
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

I have done counseling many times in my life including an eating disorders hospital, OA, private counseling etc. I am currently looking at a group that meets in my town twice a month.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-21-2012 at 10:41 AM.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Thanks gang, as always, for the support. Worst case scenario...I don't get a handle on this until I'm in my 50's and post menopausal. The combo of stress, unhappiness and hormones is just too tough to fight. Until then, I'll at least try not to gain past where I am now.
    I understand the feeling of things being "too tough" to fight. I had a period of several years where I was bombarded with illness, marriage issues, stressful secrets coming to light, legal battles, raising children alone, and parental death. I was at the time, and still am, in peri-menopause.

The one thing that help keep me sane during my difficult time was a wonderful therapist. Have you ever considered seeing someone trained in how to deal with binge issues?

Yes, my issues get worse when life gets hard...and the last 2 years has been hard. See above for the answer to your question.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can't decide if the following is very understanding, or just plain evil. I throw it out there with the best of intentions.
    You mentioned that when you binge, it has to be on 'bad' foods.
    The last time I went overboard, one of the things I made and ate, was ganache. Bittersweet and semisweet chocolate chips melted and mixed with cream. Then into the freezer until it firmed up (with a few tastes when I was 'checking' - okay, I just couldn't wait!).
    It was really satisfying. I thought it might be helpful for you, because in no way can you tell yourself it is nutritious, and it will set off some sugar issues, but at least there is no wheat, or bad fats, or preservatives in it. And, let's face it, it tastes fantastic.