Page 257 of 1173 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 11730

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 257

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I just sliced a beet in half, and then at about 3/16" intervals, laid the half-moon slices on parchment paper. Brushed them with coconut oil, and sprinkled with a bit of salt. Bake at 350 degrees for half an hour. Flip them over, another little brush and sprinkle, bake for another 30 minutes. They were a little crisp, a little soft, and all yummy.
    Raw beets or did you cook them first. They are really hard to slice.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wt. 230.8

I had a binge weekend. There are things going on in my life right now that are making it hard not to binge. I am going to use Primal as a way to avoid balooning back up to 280 lbs, but at this point I don't see any hope for further weight loss. When I was eating tons of sugar this weekend, my hypoglycemic reactions-breathlessness, anxiety, inability to sleep came right back. Unfortunately, it didn't scare me enough to stop me.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It definitely defies logic doesn't it? If you touch a flame, you burn yourself, you don't do it again. But when I eat too much food (of any kind) I truly feel like crap, and yet it is not enough to teach me to stop. It doesn't matter if there is more food on my plate, if my stomach starts to tell me I have had enough I need to stop, and yet....

Same with sugar, while I don't get all of the symptoms that you get, it does make me horribly nauseous. But the draw to eat it is stronger than the fear of the sickness. Defies logic.

Sorry you are going through this, wish I could help. Know that I am here to listen to you if nothing else.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Raw beets, just peeled. I didn't find them that hard to slice, about like a raw sweet potato. Maybe yours are a different variety?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Pebbles, I'm sorry you are having binge issues. Hang in there. This, too, shall pass. Or, in modern lingo, it's just a phase. That, repeated ad nauseum, has been my mantra through these teenager years.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    While life may be getting out of control at the moment, please do not allow yourself a "free for all" with food. If you must stuff your face non-stop with something, make it raw veges to start with at least. A head of lettuce or a bunch of celery will do little to your end of day macros but may help you get past the "I need to binge" moments. You are working so hard in so many areas of your life. Maybe before you eat the sugary treat of choice, you must first eat veges and protien to at least buffer the sugar rush. We all hit these bumps in the road of life - it is how we manage them that determine the damage in the end. My best to you today!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    For me a binge is about the type of food. I would never binge on healthy food and it would not satisfy the need.

canio6 Guest
    It's times like these I wish I had some kind of insight or even something worthwhile to say. Sadly, I've got nothing. Just do your best P and try not to let it get to you. What looks hopeless today can be managable tomorrow.

William251 is offline Junior Member
    Happy New Year and good luck with your goals1

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i'm sorry that you're dealing with this right now, i wish there was something i could do.