Page 253 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 11839

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 253

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I slept great until last night. My allergies were horrible last night so I'm going to get my flonase refilled. I think I slept maybe 2-3 hours. I'm not working tonight, so after I get that filled, I will go back to bed.
    my allergies improved especially at night when I got an air filter for the house.. have you tried this?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    well I guess I am a short big girl at 5'5.5" LOL

I get noticed in a room though because of my hair.. can not say I enjoy the attention though.. I would happily share that!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    OMG, I have spent my life trying to get (positive) attention. Love being the center of it all!

I always thought of myself as a big girl. Then this week my daughter was scavenging in my closet and I still have skirts that I wore when DH and I were first together. So she stole a couple as they are long and in style again. Now let me tell you she has what can only be considered a perfectly proportioned body, and the waist band of the skirts are tight on her. She weighs almost 20 pounds less than I did and is about the same height. Her response, obviously your boobs were bigger!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have broad shoulders, wide hips, I'm busty and I have thick thighs. No matter what I do (ever) I won't be one of those little girls. Think Serena Williams when you picture me (only with 200 lbs on the frame and white skin lol). I have very muscular thighs (my husband loves them) and what I call "linebacker" shoulders. I'm German, through and through. I hated my shoulders at my wedding and kept the veil pulled over them to conceal their broadness. Lucky for me, the broad shoulders and broad hips will produce a nice hourglass once the excess fat in the middle is gone. I'm with you on the femininity thing - it's hard to feel feminine when you look like a football player!

(feminine... does that word look funny to anyone else? femininity is even harder... too many "in"s in there or something...)
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I have broad shoulders..snipped...
    See this is an awesome look (as is everything else you described). I love a woman with a great set of shoulders. A friend once said to me (after I described what I would like a woman to look like), "So you want her to look like she could kill a deer, toss it up on her shoulders and carry it 5 miles back home?" Yeah, pretty much.

As a wise man once said, "If a man wanted a bone he'd get dates at the cemetary" Nothing wrong with being a healthy 'big' woman.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    My HS bully used to call me "Football Player". I still have very strong negative feelings about that guy and the way he made me feel. So stupid after so many years.

RE: The belly dancing ladies - I also have to admit that I am much stronger than they are. I lift weights and it shows. My torso is proportionate to my lower body and I will have the classic hourglass measurements when I reach goal. Then the men will be dropping at my feet, if I so desire. That husband of mine better watch out.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Then the men will be dropping at my feet, if I so desire. That husband of mine better watch out.
    In that case can I take my number now so I am first in line?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    See this is an awesome look (as is everything else you described). I love a woman with a great set of shoulders. A friend once said to me (after I described what I would like a woman to look like), "So you want her to look like she could kill a deer, toss it up on her shoulders and carry it 5 miles back home?" Yeah, pretty much.

As a wise man once said, "If a man wanted a bone he'd get dates at the cemetary" Nothing wrong with being a healthy 'big' woman.
    I would be interested in doing this! hahahaha

I always wanted to be petite and willowy. It's what was always displayed on tv and in magazines. Now, though, I'm noticing a shift toward "strong" being sexy (of course, it is, but now the media is catching on).

Looking back at my figure when I was "skinny", a size 7 was my size b/c my hips and thighs. I don't think I'd ever be able to go smaller without looking sickly, which is ok by me. I'd like to go back to what I looked like post Basic Training. I was strong, I wore a size 7, and I felt like a badass!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    That husband of mine better watch out.
    for sure.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am on the opposite side of that fence, for the most part. I am 5'-5'4", depending on what convenience store I'm leaving, and weigh 130 lb soaking wet.
    Thing is, as tiny as I am, I am not a waif. Never have been. Even when I was technically underweight most of my childhood (not from lack of eating, but from a freakishly high metabolism), I still had soccer legs.
    Puberty brought tits that don't quit (30DD) and broad shoulders for my size. Up until about 5 years ago, I could easily pick up something 80% of my weight and walk a quarter mile with it on my back. I can still do it with 2/3 of my body weight. Most tops I have to go up a size to get them to fit in the shoulders, back, and hips and then take in the waist to 2 sizes down.
    I still have my soccer player legs and "wide birthing hips" (that comment hurt back then, Dad), and I wouldn't want the waifish toothpick chicken legs. Mine give me more power than a lot of chicks with a foot on me and some men that actively work their leg muscles. I still have trouble finding a gear between slow jog and sprint, probably always will. I'm fine by that. I have trouble finding pants that fit and aren't threatening to fall off my hips. So I learned to sew.
    I have a damn awesome frame. While I am technically skinny, and not considered "big" by any stretch of the imagination unless you're talking about my personality, I am not the thin mint model either. A body with no muscle is a body that can't save itself, which means it's about useless outside of being something's playtoy.
    I grew up as a toothpick, and let me tell you, those names hurt. When you can't put on weight to quite literally save your life because you burn through it so fast, it hurts to have people insinuate that you have an ED after you've eaten a 2000 calorie lunch and know you'll be hungry in an hour. I grew up as the short toothpick with glasses and her nose in a book. I can honestly say that I don't know which hurts more, the fat comments or the skinny ones, because I've never had the "pleasure" of the fat ones, not for lack of trying.
    I guess what I'm driving at (aside from "I love my body, even if it's not society's perfect") is that all body types get insults, grief, and put downs. If you leave one behind, you're just earning another batch of side eyed comments, derisive comments, and flat out insults. Take 'em as compliments. There's always some insecure person out there who wants to rip you down, so you're on her level. Let them build you up, because you have two things she doesn't: a useful body you are comfortable in, and enough confidence to rub it in her face.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome