Page 245 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345745 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 11834

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 245

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    That makes perfect sense.
    I just get worried when people tell others that "Primal" doesn't work. The conclusion that most women come to (count calories, don't overeat fat) is actually written in the book, but people rarely actually reference the book. For a while, I went to a plan called speed because I thought it took Primal a step further, but later I found all of their "new" conclusions in the PB when I re read it. We all get caught up in the forum frenzy.

pixiecatmandi is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    My current problem is halloween candy. I wonder if my kids realize it is disappearing at an alarming rate.
    Hey! I'm slowly reading through your journal, so I know this is months behind so maybe it can help next halloween... My parents had a story about the "switch-witch". You had one day to eat all the candy you could because the night after halloween, the switch-witch comes and changes all the candy to apples/oranges/fruits, TOTALLY worked for us, and by the time we figured out that it was complete nonsense, we were old enough to understand that stuffing yourself sick for days with candy is a bad idea. Lol.
    Starting weight, July 13, 2011: 286 pounds
    Lowest weight, April 1, 2012: 242 pounds
    Current Weight, Aug 15, 2012: 270 pounds

Goal: 135-ish, When I feel happy/healthy/right

pixiecatmandi is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I think I am still too new in the process to feel the need to indulge yet. I will admit that we do Thanksgiving at my house, just the immediate family. And while I will make everyone's favorites, because it is all stuff I make yearly and could make when ever I want it does not call to me. Christmas eve is the same. Christmas day this year is a travel day (we spend the week with friends at the beach) as is New Year's Day. New Year's Eve is spent with family, so a glass of champagne and stuffing as many grapes as you can into your mouth at midnight is our big indulgence. I have no idea where that tradition came from, but you end up spitting the grapes out because it is too many to chew and swallow anyway! We spend the week cooking and eating from the fresh seafood market and the farmer's market. So healthy stuff.
    again this is months later, but this is where the grape tradition comes from ...

Twelve 12 Grapes New Years Eve Tradition, Spain. Entertainment in Spain.
    Starting weight, July 13, 2011: 286 pounds
    Lowest weight, April 1, 2012: 242 pounds
    Current Weight, Aug 15, 2012: 270 pounds

Goal: 135-ish, When I feel happy/healthy/right

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Thank you so much! I guess I could have googled it?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Hi Mandi Welcome!

I am out on a personal day today. I went with my husband to watch Mike perform in the "Young Playwright's" show with his English classmates. The director was my friend Casey Kurtti with whom I did the staged reading back in April. It was hysterical. Our son was by far the tallest boy there and very recognizable. Even so at the end of each play he would whip off his costume and wave at us as if to say,"Hey Mom and Dad, I bet you couldn't tell it was me behind this moustache, glasses, hat etc"

Then we went to a garden center and picked some flowers for the porch. Finally, we had lunch at "The Cheese Shop". They serve mediterrannean food. We had lamb and beef stew plus a plate of assorted favorites like babaghannoush, falafel, beet salad, roasted peppers and cheese. This shop also has a collection of clothing from India. I bought myself an inspiration shirt for summer. It is a double sided silk handkerchief top with only strings in the back. Very sexy, but not for prime time yet.

Why oh Why do I have Spanish food parties? My room is full of taco salad, taquitos, dessert empanadas, chips, salsa and all kinds of other things that I shouldn't eat.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Why oh Why do I have Spanish food parties? My room is full of taco salad, taquitos, dessert empanadas, chips, salsa and all kinds of other things that I shouldn't eat.
    So you can fail them all for making a bunch of food that isn't Spanish?

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Now there is an idea, what if you had them research and actually make Spanish food?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The new blouse sounds fantastic...not sure I have the confidence to wear something like that

Don't think I could have all that food-stuff around me all day!!
    -- Ruth