Page 24 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634741245241024 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 24

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Even when I was at my thinnest, and no matter the style, I have always had issues with undies riding up and sliding in so to speak. The idea of doing it on purpose is crazy to me.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good Morning all. Slept well last night and I feel like it is going to be a great day. (I was able to sleep in a silent, dark room because the hubs was working. He likes to go to sleep to movies.) I am now entering my last week of summer vacation (I know, teachers suck). I have a lot of prep to do for school for both me and my boys. They are entering the 11th, 8th and 2nd grades.

Today is phone call day. I have appts that need to be made. The hard one is with the funeral home. Mom and I need to go make some decisions we've been putting off for a while. Not Fun, but it will be easier knowing that she chose the way her funeral will go. No, we're not giving up, but it is time.

Sorry, I know it is hard.

p.s. teachers do NOT suck. We have been incredibly blessed with both teachers and coaches that have made major differences in both of my kids lives!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Good Morning all. Slept well last night and I feel like it is going to be a great day. (I was able to sleep in a silent, dark room because the hubs was working. He likes to go to sleep to movies.) I am now entering my last week of summer vacation (I know, teachers suck). I have a lot of prep to do for school for both me and my boys. They are entering the 11th, 8th and 2nd grades.

Today is phone call day. I have appts that need to be made. The hard one is with the funeral home. Mom and I need to go make some decisions we've been putting off for a while. Not Fun, but it will be easier knowing that she chose the way her funeral will go. No, we're not giving up, but it is time.
    teachers suck? wha?? only some. there have been a number of teachers who had taught me that i'm of value. i may choose to keep my kids out of the public schools, but i believe public education (and the teachers who drive it) are vital to a functioning society.

sorry that you had to go through that today. but, whenever the time comes, it will make things a lot easier for everyone to have the plans laid out. my father is only 50ish, and he has these things planned out and written down. we probably all should.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 08-24-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Ladies, Thanks for the lovely endorsement for teachers. People are sometimes jealous of the summer off thing.

Today is my 44th birthday. I feel more alive, vibrant and beautiful today than I have since my early 20s. Much of that is due to the life-changing experience of the Primal Blueprint. The rest is due to the fact that I should have died last October. In the 10+ months since that incident I have lived life to the fullest; forgotten old hang ups and broken down barriers that I had erected for myself. I had gotten so bound up in all my roles, Mom, Wife, Teacher, Caregiver, that I had somehow lost myself. Add to that years of SAD eating and 100+ extra pounds. I was a mental and physical wreck.

My hope for all of you is that you never let go of (or rediscover if necessary) the whole person you were meant to be. {{Hugs}} to my very dear MDA friends. I appreciate you all so very much and I wouldn't have come so far without you.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Happy 44th Birthday Paula!!!

Some teachers do suck, but not all. I think you'd be an awesome teacher and if you taught my daughters, I'd say it would have been a pleasure to have you know and teach my children. Summers off are nice but that isn't what makes a teacher a teacher.
    Georgette

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Happy birthday!

How fabulous is it when you can say you feel better at 44 than 20-something?

And about that summer vacation...I believe teachers absolutely need that time off. Caring for a roomful of children is no walk in the park! Hope your school year is a smooth one.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

I just bought myself some new clothes with the birthday money from my inlaws...A new outfit for the first day of school and two t-shirts for the gym. One is pink, with Smurfette on it kissing another Smurf. The caption says "I don't Smurf and Tell". The other is by the Peeps Co. and says "Hot Chicks Have More Fun" with a small yellow peep at the bottom. I'm getting very daring in my old age.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    *hugs* happy birthday! here's to feeling awesome!

Hope it is a fantastic day

Happy birthday!! - YouTube

thanks for the journal
    Chris
    Unknown