Page 233 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 11832

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 233

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I have been thinking I need to do a whole 30ish thing too to get back on track. The sugar cravings are so tough, I think this would help. I would also like to get off of artificial sweeteners.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    The whole 30 sends me into freak out mode honestly and that's where my bingeing starts. I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing and once I start working again, I plan on adding a few other supplements. Glad to hear that things are looking for you though Paula!
    Georgette

justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Health Report sounds good, Paula. I know that eliminating dairy and artificial sweeteners was very helpful for me, especially at first. Now, I only have the small amount of therapeutic Manuka honey and tiny (maybe 1/4 oz) bit of raw, whole milk cheese crumbles on my salad. That much - and that kind - doesn't seem to create issues for me now.

Have you considered doing the iodine pulsing method - 5 days on and 2 days off? Also, given what you are saying about your voice and all, maybe just staying at 2.5 mgs for a month or so will do the trick. That's the dose where you feel 'normal'. Then, you could try doubling to 5 mg and see how you react.

My reaction to iodine now is different from the way I reacted when I first started taking it - and its not all due to changing brands. I think what some experts recommend - staying at one dose for a month before increasing - is probably a good idea for a lot of people. I think its been a good approach for me that allowed me time to normalize better before increasing - and when I did increase the adjustment was easier, too.
    Last edited by justaseeker; 04-26-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

Justaseeker's Journal:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

Iodine Research and Application Group:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It's ok to be vain once in a while. I'll forgive you this time.

Iodine... so I took a self-assessment online that someone posted in their journal and learned that maybe it's not my adrenals that I thought were all kooky but instead it's my thyroid. These assessments said my adrenals were fine but my thyroid is dysfunction on the moderate to severe range. Interesting. So I'm going to look into those iodine drops. Right now I'm using kelp and it's got other stuff in it so I don't think just doubling or tripling those would be a good idea. Iron overdose anyone??? hahaha

But I'm going to hook up the sellenium for sure. Brazil nuts are not my favorite nut, but I think I can tolerate 2 a day.

Any other suggestions?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    After Mark's first post on nutrients you may be missing, I was finally motivated to go buy some Brazil nuts. I am going to start with one a day tomorrow. Trying to decide if I should have them with my vitamins in the morning, or at a meal.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    JennI use jcrow's lugol's 2% iodine drops. I started with 1 drop and am now back down at that level because I ramped up too fast. You may be ok to start at one drop since you use the kelp already.

In addition I take 400mg selenium. It is not safe to go higher. Also vitamin C up to 3000mg, magnesium 400mg, celtic sea salt 1/4-1/2 tsp.

I also take NOW supplement brand "Thyroid Energy" to help support my thyroid in using the increased iodine.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Jenn, iodine is good for the adrenals as well as the thyroid, so either way you're covered.
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

Justaseeker's Journal:

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Last night my husband made Primal Oysters Rockefeller. Here's the recipe because I know you will ask.
    *He slowly sauteed shallots with thick cut bacon, added fresh chopped baby spinach, curry, 1oz of hard italian cheese (He wanted to use "Dubliner", but we had run out.) and coconut milk. He place the mixture over the shucked oysters on the half shell and baked them at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

The audition is tonight at 6 pm. Mike and I spent an hour with my voice teacher last night. It was great. She gave us performance advice in addition to vocal notes. She was amazed at my son's voice.
    Billy's girlfriend is auditioning as well. She is coming with us because her parents are busy. I really hope the kids get roles. As for me, I'll just accept whatever comes.

Happy Friday, Friends!

Thanks for the Happy Friday note (and recipe)! So looking forward to hearing about how the auditions go. Wouldn't it be sweet if the young-uns got to work/play together!

Justaseeker's Journal:

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The oysters rockefeller sounds delish!

Break a leg for all three of you!
    Georgette