Page 228 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328728 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 11841

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 228

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Paula- I am glad you found the fortitude to share that. Some of that sounds familiar, just a different path. That had to be one of those hard to write/ glad it's out writings.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    This is a brave and beautiful post, Pebbles.
    +1
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

Justaseeker's Journal:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

Iodine Research and Application Group:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    I'm really grateful you shared that. know that you are loved. *hugs*

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    That took a lot of guts to share all of that. It shows a lot of strength on your part. I'm sure with that strength you'll get yourself to where you want to be. It seems like you've already come an long way.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Paula...you are a brave & beautiful woman on the inside & outside. You will find your "way". We all support you & care about you. You have already come such a long way!!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I sing in the car with the kids to embarrass the hell out of them. That is fun.
    me too

Wow, your post is really brave, Paula! I can imagine how hard it was for you to write that.
    Last edited by Candy in Wonderland; 04-23-2012 at 04:10 AM.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thank You all.

I just wanted to add a few thoughts. I am not in a bad space mentally. Everything that I wrote yesterday is my history. It doesn't haunt me anymore, but does speak to my lifelong skewed relationship with food and self. Of course, that was just the short version. There is much more to it. If you have any questions or comments about my story, please feel free to PM me.

I have been very successful in the Primal lifestyle, but lingering issues still wreak havoc. I wanted others to understand that, for me, it is not simply a case of change what you eat and all will be well.

I have just come through a time of suffering, and in connecting it to another difficult period in my life, I hope to make some real changes. I have fallen back into the trap of "needing" food to smooth out the rough edges of emotion.

One step in figuring out how to stop using food is finding and valueing myself. When both my body and mind were sick on SAD, I was just going through the motions of my roles...Mom, Teacher, Wife. Caring for myself and feeding my own soul was last on the list.

And so, I am seeking my meaning. Some day my boys will move on and I will retire from my job, so I have to understand the deeper purpose of my life. And yes, I do believe we all have a deeper purpose.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I believe my deeper purpose is to come out on the other side of this struggle so that I can help others through their journey.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    That's what I would love to do, also. Although there is a great deal of value in figuring things out for yourself, I certainly wasn't able to do it. And when I think of how differently my life would have gone if I had known all this stuff when I was younger...!
    Did you know that the most common daydream/fantasy for people is to save someone's life? This way of living IS saving lives, I am convinced of it. And when your reality matches your fantasy, well, that sounds pretty good to me.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Weird, 2 nights ago I had a dream that I saved a woman from drowning when she drove her car into a lake.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.