Page 226 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326726 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 11543

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 226

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I sing well in the car by myself with the music cranked... otherwise, not so well.

My daughter likes to listen to it though so sometimes I'll sing her little songs she likes.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I sing in the car with the kids to embarrass the hell out of them. That is fun.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    My husband and eldest son don't like singing, so when my middle son and I are alone in the car, we sing and whistle at the top of our lungs.

whistling drives me bonkers! DH does it to his favorite songs and I just want to wring his neck for it!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Jenn, be glad you weren't at my wedding. The Daddy- daughter dance was "Always Look On the Bright Side Of Life," by Monty Python. Half the crowd was whistling along to the song, as were my Dad and me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I don't think voice lessons would help me. When I was in the 6th grade the music teacher asked me to "lip it" when she had the class sing.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I don't think voice lessons would help me. When I was in the 6th grade the music teacher asked me to "lip it" when she had the class sing.

Wait. I thought that was me lol.
    Georgette

If whistling is PART of the song, it's ok... like Patience by Guns & Roses. I can handle that... it's when he's whistling while the band is singing that drives me bonkers... just sing the dang song! lol

My father-daughter dance song was Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Middler (sp??). And now it's running through my head. Love that song!
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 04-20-2012 at 08:42 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    My father daughter song was Shout, mid way everyone join in, a little bit softer now-it is a great picture!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Wt. down again 2.5 lbs. Hopefully on Sunday I'll hit the same wt as last week. What a ride!

Speaking of animals looking at me oddly, I have set up a singing studio in my basement. Last night as I did scales and worked on my solo, two of my cats looked on in horrified fascination. Later as I was singing some of my favorite Broadway tunes, my youngest son Kevin yelled from the top of the stairs "Hey what's going on down there?" Then he came down with his hands over his ears and said "Mom, what are you doing?" Lest you think am a terrible singer let me explain that He has Asperger's and loud noises bother him. The good news is he stayed with me to listen and play with some toys.

I have this fabulous tape program called "Born to Sing". It is old and kind of silly, but teaches good technique. My breathing and control seriously need some work.

2nd voice lesson today.
    Yeah for the downward trend. If for no other reason it puts a smile on your face (and mine).

ugh.. singing.. no thanks. Most of the people in my family can not sing AT.ALL. Though nothing is more precious than listening to my daughter sing when she thinks no one is around. Such an angelic voice.. I DO sing in front of her though and she does not seem to mind. I think to her its another.. geez my mom is weird but she has quit telling me not to sing LOL.. maybe I am improving!!!!! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.