Page 224 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 11532

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 224

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i can't wait to see this dress, when you're comfortable showing us!

justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Your weight gain is sounding eerily similar to Gravyboat's. Numbers just going steadily up. Hers was likely iodine related, too, wasn't it? And then it started coming down. Persevere!
    Halter top dress sounds nice. Show off those shoulders!
    I agree - "persevere!". I already shared my thoughts this morning at the iodine group - but in a nutshell, you are taking iodine in the hopes of avoiding (among other things) ovarian cancer. The fact that lowish dose iodine may be affecting your hormonal system seems promising to me.

Detox is like stirring up a container of water with a settled sediment. It makes things look worse at first - but leaving the sediment alone means that its still there doing whatever damage its doing. Stir it up and get rid of it! So, wear dresses to school for awhile - its spring!
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

Justaseeker's Journal:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

Iodine Research and Application Group:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Hey Paula... just checking in. Nothing profound to say about the weight gain... I hope it drops again for you soon.

I wanna see the dress too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I had never done a staged theatrical reading before tonight. I don't think any of us from the directors, to the author and the actors, had any idea how it was going to come together. I am really happy that I pre translated all of the interpretation parts because I was able to practice them and put some emotion into it. As it turned out, the director wanted the full translation.

The author was an interpreter in the NY court system for 6 years. She is also an artist. Her book is a limited edition art book that includes her paintings of immigrants and their stories told in graphic novel format.

We rehearsed the piece for 2 hrs and then performed to a full house in the city library. I knew we had a hit because people were crying. They asked if we would take it on the road. lol

My friend Playwright Casey Kurtti and her husband Chris Silva, were our Asst. Director and Director. They were impressed by all six of their actors. The author was touched to see her work come to life. It was awesome.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I had never done a staged theatrical reading before tonight. I don't think any of us from the directors, to the author and the actors, had any idea how it was going to come together. I am really happy that I pre translated all of the interpretation parts because I was able to practice them and put some emotion into it. As it turned out, the director wanted the full translation.

The author was an interpreter in the NY court system for 6 years. She is also an artist. Her book is a limited edition art book that includes her paintings of immigrants and their stories told in graphic novel format.

We rehearsed the piece for 2 hrs and then performed to a full house in the city library. I knew we had a hit because people were crying. They asked if we would take it on the road. lol

My friend Playwright Casey Kurtti and her husband Chris Silva, were our Asst. Director and Director. They were impressed by all six of their actors. The author was touched to see her work come to life. It was awesome.
    What a neat experience!! Did anyone do a video??
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Hi Paula...I talked to a very nice lady behind the counter in customer service yesterday at Kohls when I went to pay on my bill. We got to talking about losing weight & she said she also was on a diet(not primal but she did say she had cut out all processed foods...including breads). She'd already lost 65 pounds & had about 5 more to go. She started at well over 200(she was tall, maybe about 5'8.) She was also doing weight training as she wanted to participate in some kind of competition. She said that even tho she was doing everything she knew was "right" she didn't lose one pound for about 4 months. But she stuck to it & then all of sudden she dropped almost 10 pounds! She lost for a little bit & then hit another stall...but she kept on doing what she was doing & she said in another 3 or 4 months she dropped another good amount. Its taken her a little over a year to lose what she has so far. I have to say I really admired her fortitude for sticking to her guns & keep on doing her diet even tho she didn't lose anything for months at a time! I think I'da given up!

So just keep at it!! I think you're probably entering the early stages of manypaws cause of your age... & that reeks havoc on hormones & everything else!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    What a neat experience!! Did anyone do a video??
    Yes it was professionally filmed for the artist, but I don't know if i will ever get to see it.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Thanks for the encouragement PC.

Down 4 lbs this morning. This is good because I was getting worried. Still at 7.5mg iodine. 1 tsp of celtic salt.

Now I must turn my attention back to my audition song for Willie Wonka and practice my German accent.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    The reading sounds like a great time.
    Remember to roll your 'rrrrs'.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How wonderful to be a part of that sort of experience. and now for something completely different...good luck with the German accent!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day