Page 223 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 223

justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Paula,

Sorry that you're having struggles right now - and good for you for not bingeing! Its hard to stay away from junk when its in the house. I'd have a struggle if I was living with a hubby and kids who weren't primal. So, please always give yourself LOTS of credit for every bit of success that you have.

The thought had also occurred to me, as it did to PC, that maybe you are experiencing peri-menopausal symptoms. That would explain a lot of what's happening, including the shift of water weight and/or body fat to the core and away from extremities, including your face. If you haven't already, you might want to consider hormone evaluation and bio-identical hormone replacement. Can help with the binges, fatigue, water weight, breakouts, and more.

That said, the iodine could also be behind SOME of these more recent symptoms. My guess is that its BOTH iodine and hormones.
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

Justaseeker's Journal:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

Iodine Research and Application Group:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    justaseeker Unfortunately, I nearly died of pulmonary emboli in Oct. 2010. No hormone replacement for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    justaseeker Unfortunately, I nearly died of pulmonary emboli in Oct. 2010. No hormone replacement for me.
    That's right - I knew that you'd had that event - don't know the whole story - but might have realized that clotting might be an issue for you, so no estrogen. Well, you could be avoiding other issues if you don't do HRT. I wonder if the estrogen I took led to my hypothyroidism.
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

Justaseeker's Journal:

The other comment that I was going to make is that I have gained 6 pounds in two days after a week of clean eating and my period has been every 28 days for 5 days like clockwork until this month. I think that it more than likely a reaction to iodine. Maybe I just ramped up too fast. Tomorrow I will go down to 7.5mg and see what happens. if the weight starts to come down then I'll stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    The other comment that I was going to make is that I have gained 6 pounds in two days after a week of clean eating and my period has been every 28 days for 5 days like clockwork until this month. I think that it more than likely a reaction to iodine. Maybe I just ramped up too fast. Tomorrow I will go down to 7.5mg and see what happens. if the weight starts to come down then I'll stay there.
    Sounds like it. Well, we'll see what happens.

Justaseeker's Journal:

Weight up again to a number I have not seen in over a year. Keeping to the plan. Hoping the bloat will come down soon.

I had a day out with my husband yesterday. We went to Woodstock for lunch. I bought a beautiful green tie dye sundress with a halter top. Very sexy. Not safe for school. :P

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Your weight gain is sounding eerily similar to Gravyboat's. Numbers just going steadily up. Hers was likely iodine related, too, wasn't it? And then it started coming down. Persevere!
    Halter top dress sounds nice. Show off those shoulders!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Ooh, halter top dress. Sounds wonderful. We'll need a picture of that!!!!

{BTW, sorry to hear about the gain. It's very mentally difficult (having recently gone through that myself!!!). Hang in there.}
    -- Ruth

geostump is online now Senior Member
    This green tie-dyed halter dress, I want to see.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    RMS123No pics until I look less like a tick!

Sabine Yes, I remember that she said she stopped taking it just as the weight started up, but I think you are right. Gay Panda is also having weight gain issues.