Page 221 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 10857

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 221

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    pebbles I don't recall how old you are...but if you are in your mid to late 40's or early 50's you could be having what I call "manypaws" issues. which is nothing but the hormones being out of whack.

Congrats on avoiding a binge yesterday!!! you are awesome!

One thing I just read is that we shouldn't eat any carbs after 9 (I quit eating at 8)...eating carbs before bed spikes the insulin level & interfere's with sleep...& the release of the growth hormone that usually happens after we enter our first phase of deep sleep. Just a thought.

have a great day!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    But then if you want to stop eating at a certain time, you actually have to go to bed at a certain time. Not eating after 7 doesn't help if, for example you're going to bed at midnight. I usually have my last snack at 9 or so because I go to bed around midnight or 1.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I have found I sleep best when I finish eating at least 3 hours before I lay down to sleep. 4 is better, but since I have to go to sleep at 9:30, timing becomes an issue.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I did read that 4 is better. 8pm works for me because I go to bed about 11:30/Midnight. Since I don't work I sleep till about 8 in the morning. I did also read that it is best to try & follow the natural periods of light & darkness...but I think that's probably pretty hard for most of us. I actually very rarely eat anything after supper(which is generally around 6). I'm just not hungry. Sometimes I might drink a small glass of wine...or a cup of hot tea but I don't generally want anything else or on the rare occasion that I do its nothing after 8pm.
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 04-16-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    jenn26point2 Well, we are getting a refund from her but God only knows when. The hard part for me was writing her name, deceased and the date of death on top of form 1040a

primalcajun Thanks for the advice. Normally I do not eat at all after 6 pm, but of course when bingeing, all bets are off. I am 44 and the hormonal facet of bingeing has certainly gotten worse in recent years.

My weight is up again today, so I will take a 2 day break from the iodine and then start again at a lower dose. Unfortunately weight gain can be a side effect of detox. I need to come down a few lbs however, because I am literally wearing my
    "Oh crap, I can't fit into any of my pants" pants. Next stop will be dresses. My students would notice, because I never wear them.

PS I am not feeling bad or worried about this, I am just making the changes I need to to solve the problem.

*Tomorrow is my "Stories Behind Bars" performance. My role was changed to Translator. I will be acting in both English and Spanish. The Translator is the character that represents the Author of the book. She was an immigration court interpreter for many years and will be there at the reading.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    The performance already? How did that get here so quickly? I don't remember hearing about rehearsals, even! Have a great time.

It is a staged reading. We got the script a week ago, rehearsal is tomorrow from 4-6. Show at 6. We only have to be familiar with our parts, they do not have to be memorized.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Paula, I felt actual pain when I read about what you had trouble with regarding your mom's tax return. Glad that task is behind you.

I am also happy to see that you are taking the measures necessary to turn the weight around and it is not causing you grief.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    the performance sounds great. How very cool. I wish I had a useful talent like a second language
    -- Ruth