Page 220 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320720 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 11754

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 220

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well something is definitely off. I have another reason to be grateful that I did not binge yesterday. This morning, I weigh 228.4lbs. That is a gain of 2.4 lbs in one day. If I had eaten badly, I would have thought it was food related.

I think it is the iodine and bromide detox. I forgot to salt load this weekend. I have upped my salt loading to 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt in the am from 1/4. I may also add 1/4 tsp in the afternoon. Sorry for the gibberish if you have not read about iodine therapy.

Other odd symptoms...I have been "wired" for the last two nights, unable to sleep and (TMI warning) my period came a week early, has been light and has lasted for two weeks so far.

Today's major issue...lack of sleep and no pants that fit. Crap!

I'm not ready to give up on the iodine yet, but I am watcing my symptoms carefully. I'm still staying off the dairy too.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Congrats on a great day yesterday. So proud of you!

Take care of yourself today. Thinking of you!
    -- Ruth

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    eek. The highs and lows of the health journey...

congrats on yesterday, that is a really big deal!

Hope you figure this whole thing out with the iodine.

p.s. I can't remember, did you take a test for iodine? I am just wondering if I should add it to my list for my next doctor's visit.
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-16-2012 at 07:08 AM. Reason: p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

No I started iodine supplementation after reading the Iodine Anyone? thread. I would not recommend that however, I would read this:
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf
    and this:
    Breast Cancer Choices - Innovative Research and Patient Advocacy

I am supplementing primarily to avoid female cancers

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure if you have ever mentioned whether or not you have thyroid issues or not, but if so this article by Chris Kresser might be worth looking at. Something to consider with your iodine supplementing.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    thanks, I will read up on it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Yes thanks, I have read that one. My thyroid function has been tested and is normal.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Well, the day is almost done and I am amazed that I did not act on all the crazy shit in my head. This day may turn out to be a huge milestone of change.

I did a lot today in addition to not bingeing and eating well. I went through tons of papers, finished our taxes and did my Mom's taxes as well. (That was a big ax on my neck) I also did laundry. I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring, but in the end today
    turned out OK. Tonight I will color my hair and practice my audition song.
    It seems like a kick in the face to have to pay taxes for someone who passed away... Just sayin....

I hope today is going well for you. I'm still reading your journal (I failed to read anything this weekend and now I'm playing catch up) and will likely comment again. Just felt that having to file taxes for your mom is wrong...

Today I made the conscious decision to NOT take my kelp capsule... I can't remember WHY I decided not to take it anymore, but I did... I think it was because I'm scared I don't need it and I would just end up poisoning myself...
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 04-16-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    pebbles I don't recall how old you are...but if you are in your mid to late 40's or early 50's you could be having what I call "manypaws" issues. which is nothing but the hormones being out of whack.

Congrats on avoiding a binge yesterday!!! you are awesome!

One thing I just read is that we shouldn't eat any carbs after 9 (I quit eating at 8)...eating carbs before bed spikes the insulin level & interfere's with sleep...& the release of the growth hormone that usually happens after we enter our first phase of deep sleep. Just a thought.

have a great day!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    But then if you want to stop eating at a certain time, you actually have to go to bed at a certain time. Not eating after 7 doesn't help if, for example you're going to bed at midnight. I usually have my last snack at 9 or so because I go to bed around midnight or 1.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods