Page 22 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432721225221022 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 22

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't take much for me either when it comes to eating non-primal (pizza this weekend). I think tired and bored are states of being that tend to be very detrimental for me in general.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    August 20th was a clean day but I got a little bingey with primal and semi primal foods. I just couldn't seem to stop eating nuts and cheese last night. For me the dangerous part of a binge is the thoughts and emotions. I could have easily talked myself into cereal or toast etc. I stayed strong, this time.
    I'm so proud of you for staying strong! I can totally sympathize with feeling bingey even on primal foods. My new OA sponsor has told me she can binge on anything (even something "healthy" like cottage cheese) and I am the same way. Just keep at it! You are doing so well!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    For reasons I cannot fathom, I do not have problems with binging anymore. I wish I knew what stopped me from binging, so that if I start again I will know how to stop it. Cause I think binging is more about the action than what you are eating.

I think part of it is giving myself permission to lay down and listen to a meditation if I am tired. Another part is having a very long list of things I want to do that require varying degrees of thought, time, energy. And probably the biggest part, luck.

Hope all is well with your mom and getting ready for school to start.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Bingeing is my biggest hurdle in my journey to ultimate health. Chris, I think you are right about it being more about the action. I find if I go to bed or distract myself in some other way then I can avoid a binge. Last night was better. I think one of the keys for me is to have a satisfying dinner. If I feel as if I have been in some way deprived, then watch out. Deprived = Depraved

Aug 21st - Clean Day, No work out-Rest Day Tomorrow is official weigh in. I can't believe I actually made it a week without weighing myself.

Today Mom has to have fluid drained again. 3 hrs at the hospital for us. I am very stressed about what is going to happen when I go back to school. Thank God my husband works nights and can help. We'll figure it out.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Good Luck at the hospital, 3 hours, that is the kind of time I am grateful for the nook the family gave me as a present when I was in the hospital!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Geostump told me you're the person to see when it comes to meshing Weight Watchers with PB. My husband urged me to start on WW last Tuesday (after me doing PB for 5 weeks and not losing any weight or inches). Reading through your posts about WW, it looks like they're still useful for accountability and support, so that's encouraging. I like that WW doesn't count fruit and vegetables, but they seem to come down hard on fatty foods. My 1/4 cup of ice cream using heavy cream comes out to 11 points while a 1/2 cup of regular ice cream is only 4 pts. Calorie-wise, though, they're both similar. Go figure! EDIT: Rechecked the calories and the heavy cream recipe comes to 290 calories--100 more than I thought. Oops! Still not fair, though, even with the correction.

I'm nervous about the second WW meeting tomorrow. Does the leader check my food log? I don't want her to see the lack of grains and abundance of bacon and then give me a lashing.

And I'm sorry that your mother is going through cancer. I hope she's feeling better soon. My family history is also riddled with cancer, and avoiding that fate is one of the top reasons I started PB. Hopefully we can both look forward to dying of just very old age.
    Last edited by Heidi; 08-23-2011 at 05:25 AM.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Hi Heidi,

Don't worry, leaders do not generally check you log unless you ask. She may glance at it just to see if you are on the right track. If she checks and comments on the lack of grains tell her you are gluten intolerant. The new points plus program allows more protein for fewer points, but you will need to use some of the extra 49 to cover those fats. I don't know how much you have to lose, but I would keep fruit down to 1 serving/day. The ice cream points seem high to me. I make coconut ice cream with 2 cups of heavy cream and 1.5 cups of coconut milk. A 1/4 cup equals 5 points. If you give me the ingredients for your ice cream, I can input the numbers in the recipe builder at ww.com to double check.

You are right, WW is great for support and accountability, but don't be tempted by their food products or their "eat whatever you want as long as you count it" philosophy. If you stay primal, you will soon be the biggest loser in your group.

If you want to talk more about your first 5 weeks on Primal, feel free. Maybe together we can figure out what to change to get things going.

EDIT: I read your journal and left a response there as well. Talk to you soon.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 08-23-2011 at 04:54 AM.

8 clean eating days - 9 pounds down. (OK at least 5 of those were grain bloat)

I think my total weight loss is now over 65 lbs, but I won't claim it until I weigh in at my WW meeting tonight. I Will change my sig. tonight.

I lost another inch in my bust...Why not my hips? damn damn damn
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 08-23-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the weight loss! Oh, and that pesky lower body--my top half always goes down first in measurements. Once I lose more weight it's a given that I'll look pear-shaped for awhile, until the weight loss goes down more.

As far as the ice cream goes, I redid the calories and it's 290--not 190. Sorry, it must be all the hunger on WW that's making my brain spazz out. For the recipe, I use 4 tbsp heavy cream, 2 tsp xylitol (10 cals per tsp), and 1 square of unsweetened baking chocolate.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Congrats on the weight loss! Oh, and that pesky lower body--my top half always goes down first in measurements. Once I lose more weight it's a given that I'll look pear-shaped for awhile, until the weight loss goes down more.

As far as the ice cream goes, I redid the calories and it's 290--not 190. Sorry, it must be all the hunger on WW that's making my brain spazz out. For the recipe, I use 4 tbsp heavy cream, 2 tsp xylitol (10 cals per tsp), and 1 square of unsweetened baking chocolate.
    OK apparently it is 11 points...so save it for days when you have points to spare.