Page 218 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 218

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I will probably go back to weighing daily for a while because in the end, when I got a bad result, what I learned by not weighing went straight out the window.

My mindset right now- Angry, Tearful and 10 seconds from a binge. The same, or worse, than any other bad weigh day. If I had been binge free for the three weeks, not weighing might have been valuable. But No.

***None of this was written to get your sympathy. Just reporting the facts, as a dear friend often says.
    I have not binged...yet.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-15-2012 at 08:10 AM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Well the problem with a binge today is that the scale will not be your friend tomorrow either, which of course will set up a vicious cycle. Gotta figure out some way to break the cycle. Something else that will soothe you. And something I just read that Dean wrote basically says he had to get the crap out of the house. Willpower is an exhaustible feeling. There is only so much you can muster, studies prove it. And obviously there are things that weaken it. You gotta get rid of the cookies and pie or get someone to hide it from you.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Dean has admitted to me personally that the reason he can keep junk out of the house is because he lives alone. I have four non-primal people in my household. I tend to binge on normal food that is in the house for my kids. PB and bread, Cereal, Ice Cream, Fruit Snacks etc. My husband often brings bad stuff home. His attitude is that I should just resist.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    That's hard. I struggled with that when I first switched (and, even now to a certain extent...we eat gluten/dairy free at least, but we still have junk).

Don't know if these suggestions have any merit whatsoever, but I'll offer them anyway.
    -- I figured out the one thing that is my "worst" trigger food (dairy-free chocolate) and asked my husband if we could keep that out of the house. Obviously I can find other things to binge on, but that's the worst one for me. Or, if he is going to have it, he keeps it in his office in a place I don't know about. When I'm "on", he can have it anywhere in the house and it won't bother me.
    -- Can you move that non-primal stuff to a place that is less obvious? Maybe it won't help...but I put the less desirable stuff out of my eye sight. Ice cream goes in the chest freezer in the garage or in the back of the freezer. Other stuff goes on lower pantry shelves. It doesn't help if I'm really bent on binging, but it does help when I'm on the "cusp" and still have some rationality left in me.

Wish I could offer you a lot more great advice. *Hugs* on this hard day!
    -- Ruth

Yep, I get that, my boys are non-primal and when I binge it can be on anything anyway, so that doesn't really matter. I don't have a trigger food so much as a trigger time or trigger attitude, and then no food is safe. As I have said before I have binged on raw brussell Sprouts.

So I guess that is one thing I can be happy about my hubs not helping with the grocery shopping. The only thing he ever buys at the grocery is PB ice cream, which I don't care for.

So then it looks like the only real solution is to work on the binge trigger instead of the food trigger. Rats, that is obviously much harder.

Maybe you could decide to have your binges in a particular place? I would suggest in front of a mirror. I actually eat in front of a mirror on occasion (we have a big one in our formal dining room and I always sit across from it when we have company). It is very enlightening. For me it showed me what I looked like in that crazy moment, and it didn't fit with my mental picture of myself. While it obviously didn't stop all of my off plan eating it did stop that shoveling in that I used to do when I started a binge and wanted to get the food in before I could realize I was too stuffed to shove anymore in.

At any rate, picking a single spot, might force a slow down?

I do also wish there was something magical I could say that would make you feel better. Just know I feel your pain, and am wishing really hard for it to stop.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i'm sorry you're having a hard time right now.

Thanks Ladies,

A few other weight gain possibilities came to mind. I have been eating a lot of dairy (for me). I have been having a daily 50g whey protein drink, 2 oz of cheese and 2 oz of heavy cream in coffee. Recently, I have also been having coffee with half n half at the convenience store every morning.

My husband insists that a protein drink should only be had 1 hr before or after a heavy workout. This week, I will drop the whey, the cheese and the HnH. I will have cream only in my first cup of coffee. All other coffee will be black.

Have not binged yet. My head is screaming "Go low carb" at the same time it is screaming "Binge, Binge." Multiple Personalities? Off to eat a banana. I will not fear good carbs!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    ((((Pebbles))))I really and truly hate how hard we are all working at this and how little we are getting!! I am almost had a breakdown when I realized I am almost back at my starting weight a year after joining here and Last May I was almost at goal!!!! WTF!!!! and like you whenever I do not weigh I have a gain EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. does weighing daily prevent the gains? Not flunctuations but yes it does prevent full blown run-a-way train gains.. (I think) Hell I don't know anymore... BUt don't give up because dammit we are going to figure this out... And if you don't binge today I won't binge today! Deal;?

Good luck with the dairy Paula. It doesn't cause me a problem as far as I can tell, and I would miss it horribly if I had to cut it out. Not that I eat that much of it, just one cup of coffee in the morning with HWC, and the occasional cheese slices, which are generally only around when we have company, they are the appetizers (better than chips or crackers).
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dairy was the hardest thing in the universe for me to "give up". Before I developed the intolerance, it would cause a stall every single time. A lot of people can do okay on it. I, very unfortunately, am not one of them (except for butter (a little) and ghee...thank goodness!!!).
    -- Ruth