Page 217 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317717 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 10880

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 217

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i've thought voice lessons would be fun, but only if they could help me improve to the point where i don't sound like a dying cat. have a great day Paula!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I love singing - off key, on key - doesn't matter. For me it's like I can feel energy from your soul or something and I love it - even when it's a sad or lonely song. Recorded music just doesn't have the same "magic" as a person live does, so sing it loud and sing it proud baby!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    This afternoon after all the crazy "get the house ready for the girlfriend stuff" I sat on my front porch and read MDA while the kids watched scary movies. The sun was shining on my shoulders, lovely Jazz was playing in the background, and my husband was barbequeing in the yard. A fabulous Saturday.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    This afternoon after all the crazy "get the house ready for the girlfriend stuff" I sat on my front porch and read MDA while the kids watched scary movies. The sun was shining on my shoulders, lovely Jazz was playing in the background, and my husband was barbequeing in the yard. A fabulous Saturday.
    I so 'felt' this!!! Very descriptive and warmly shared!! Sounds like an awesome 'serene' moment. I wanted to share that everytime I read something you write in someones journal it gives me the softest feelings! I love how kind you are to people. Just wanted you to know that

longing2bfit Thank You very much. I hope I make some kind of difference in the MDA world.

Weigh in Report:

I stopped weighing daily 3 weeks ago. Now I wish I hadn't. By all the signs my body was giving me, I had lost weight. I was expecting to see 215 or less on the scale. My ankles and wrists feel and look thin, even my right leg looks almost normal. My wedding ring has been spinning and my face is so thin people are commenting on my weight loss again.

Wt. today: 225.8 I gained 2.5 lbs over the 3 weeks and am up a full 15 lbs up from my lowest Primal weight 6 months ago. Today is my 2 yr gym anniversary. My net loss in the last year is 5 lbs. I am also up 1-3 inches all over my body and I noticed last week that my pants are too tight. BF% is up too, so it is not muscle.

Why the gain?. 1) I binged an average of 2x a week for several hours. 2) I went back to iodine therapy which can cause temporary water gain while the body detoxes. 3) We had sausage for dinner last night :P

Good news! 1) The iodine therapy is working wonders. I am energetic, sleeping better, and my circulation is improving, which means less inflammation. I am not giving that up. 2) I learned a lot about the scale and how weighing daily affects my feelings and dieting behavior. I can now "hear" the ridiculous things that my mind is saying. 3) Keeping my carbs between 75-100 has "cured" my issues from back in February and I feel stronger. My gym workouts are getting more intense again.

Danger, Danger, Will Robinson! The first thought that entered my mind after "WTF?" was. "Might as well binge." I keenly felt the unfairness of it all in that moment. As I was getting my coffee, I was eyeing the pie and cookies we had on hand for the GF visit yesterday. I resisted that first intense desire. Today I am going to work all the facets of the 5 Whys? anti binge plan. If I survive binge free, then maybe I am really onto something.

I have yet to decide how often I will weigh from now on. I need to discuss this with my SPEED girls.

Dean Dwyer

I would like to recommend this man to anyone who does not yet know him. His story begins here on MDA last July.

When Eating Healthy is Making You Fat! | Mark's Daily Apple

He has a blog and has just posted this:

5 books that will change your destiny | Being Primal

Dean's take on things is whole life change, not just the Paleo diet. He has culled fabulous information on life change form many places, but He has some great ideas of his own as well. His first book has just been published. I am anxiously awaiting my copy.

Really, if you are stuck in a rut, check Dean out.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'm intrigued by the contradictions in your weigh in report.
    You say all the indications were that you were losing weight, but can immediately list three things that caused your weight gain. Would daily weighing have stopped any of them?
    Your weight and inches are up, yet everything is looking and feeling thinner- to you and others.
    You learned how you react to daily weighing (or not), yet you wished you hadn't done it.
    We humans sure are crazy critters.
    I'll be very interested to hear what you decide about weighing- and how you decide it. Your piece from Dean Dwyer on the 5 whys was very useful and thought provoking.
    Good job on not responding to the number with a binge.

Sabine

My mind is still in a whirl over this whole thing. The wishing I hadn't waited so long to weigh was a gut reaction. The rest of the post was me trying to get some meaning out of a negative event and trying to avoid a binge.

I don't think weighing more would have changed anything. I am doing the iodine therapy to avoid cancer and the binge thing is a long term problem. After I tasted the sausage, I put one back and ate extra chicken, but I doubt that had much to do with the gain. If I had weighed more often, I might have been able to tweak some things or binge less. Who knows?

I certainly learned a lot from the not weighing, but I am pretty sure I will go back to 1x/week or 2x/month. It will be tough not to weigh tomorrow and the next day, and the next...

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    That's one of the best things about journaling: figure what the heck we are feeling and thinking by writing it down. I know I have had a couple of insights I am sure I wouldn't have had otherwise.
    Right now I am weighing twice a month because I don't have a scale at home. I find being lazy(getting to the store in the morning before I have drunk a bunch of water and eaten breakfast) and cheap (25 cents a weigh!) has been a big help. If the scale was right there in the bathroom, it would be much harder. Oh, the sweet sirens' song. But when I do get a scale again, I'm going to do the daily weighing with a moving weekly average. Waiting a week or more, and having it be 'bad' is too disheartening. Even when I know why. That's a big downside of less frequent weighing for me. And, I guess, you, too.