Page 203 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303703 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 10855

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 203

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes I mix 2 scoops of unflavored whey protein isolate with 1 tbsp of cocoa in 10 oz of water and add stevia to taste. The key is using less than 8 oz of water/scoop.

I've learned to love it that way. No really. lol

Day2, no binge.
    Worked my butt off yesterday. Did 1 hr of tax return work before dinner, then went to the gym and worked my shoulders, core and back. (Magical Iodine?) BTW I raised my iodine level to 4 drops (10mg). I will stop at 5 drops and hover there for a while.

Today is the big date. I gave him cash yesterday and we talked about logistics. He said "Mom, I can't believe that I am going out on my very first date and then having dinner with her family all on the same day." I said, "Yes it is true that it usually doesn't happen that way these days, but It is the right way to do it." His Dad and I will take turns taking him and picking him up, so we can meet her and her family. He is very excited.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I hope all goes well for him
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    No, that's fine b/c that's easily do-able. Do you drink your protein shake in water? Yuck! haha I'm a milk and protein shake girl.
    jenn...fwiw...I use 8oz of liquid...half water, half milk. Its so yummy!!

pebbles...yay you for day 2 of no binge!! here's to day 3!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you had a happy and productive day yesterday - good for you! Your "kid cave" sounds like a great use of the space. Your son sounds sweet - put please don't tell him that . Its great to have a child - especially a teen - who actually communicates with his family. Hope he has a heavenly time!
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

Justaseeker's Journal:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

Iodine Research and Application Group:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

My husband just dropped Billy off and met Becca & Mom. He liked them both. They live just a few miles down the road.

This morning we went to the verizon store, got my husband a smart phone then got a new number for his flip phone and gave it to Billy. So in one week Billy got a new girlfriend and a cell phone. Teenage boy heaven?

Today I have my first facial peel and lightbox therapy appointment. I know, not very Primal. I'll let you guys know how it goes and if I suddenly look years younger.

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    jenn...fwiw...I use 8oz of liquid...half water, half milk. Its so yummy!!

pebbles...yay you for day 2 of no binge!! here's to day 3!!
    Oh great idea PC!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Let me know abt the lightbox therapy especially. I've been curious on that for a while.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

It's a miracle!

OK maybe not, but my face feels good. The glycolic peel was only three minutes long. I was expecting an hour of torture.
    The light therapy took 30-45 min. She used a blue light to kill the bacteria in my pores, then a red light to build collagen. She is worried that If I continue to lose weight, I will lose all the subcutaneous fat on my face and look old. She was amazed that I had lost 60 lbs and still looked young. I told her how I eat, but did not push the belief that by eating all good fats while losing weight, I won't get that over dieted haggard look.

She eats basically paleo herself due to being celiac, so she is open to hearing my story. She is very easy to talk to, almost like a therapist that works on your face while you tell her your troubles. lol It was very relaxing.

*Insider info - 1)She said puffy eyes are usually a result of allergies or sinus congestion. The best treatment is teabags for 20 min. Take a caffeinated tea, run two teabags under warm water, then cool, squeeze out excess water. Lay down in bed with your head slightly elevated on a pillow. Place a teabag on each eye. Sadly, though the old Preparation H trick will work, it is harsh and will age your under eye skin faster.
    2) For foundation, she prefers Bare Minerals or Clinique. Bye Bye Maybelline and other drug store friends.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-05-2012 at 01:30 PM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the recipe, Pebbles.

I hope your son had a smashing time on his date and has more to come. Sounds like a high school sweetheart into marriage start!

Lucky kid. I didn't get a cell phone until I turned 20 and had to pay for it myself! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)