Page 20 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230701205201020 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 20

demuralist is offline Senior Member

well I'm new

OK, I am right here with ya. Just read the whole journal, thrilled it is current. I am following you closely, and starting Primal. I have been Low Carbing it for a few months now, lost 20 and have been sort of stuck. Thinking I need something more. I have been scared to change, because even though this is not working so great, I am not gaining. But you have inspired me to take the plunge. Thanks so much for sharing your story!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    pebbles thanks for your journal. I still haven't canceled my WW account, am torn with WW thinking and Primal. I totally feel guilty eating avocados, there is just no way to count points AND do PB. It is completely different thinking. WW pushes low-fat everything! 0 Points for all fruits! Blech.. this is my first week going primal and it has literally blown my mind to eat some of the things I have for years shunned... hope my story can be a success one day too...
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Pebbles, you are doing so great! It's great to hear that you're making WW work for you by taking only what you need: accountability and support. I'm sure it's hard to listen to them ramble about healthy whole grains...
    OMG you have no idea...They always ask me what I'm doing to look so good. When I tell them no grains, no sugar no processed stuff. I get looks of shock. But I have been honest and open all along. And I count my points...once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    OK, I am right here with ya. Just read the whole journal, thrilled it is current. I am following you closely, and starting Primal. I have been Low Carbing it for a few months now, lost 20 and have been sort of stuck. Thinking I need something more. I have been scared to change, because even though this is not working so great, I am not gaining. But you have inspired me to take the plunge. Thanks so much for sharing your story!
    Thank you for posting. I'm definitely a Primal Fan(atic). My life is so completely changed. Please keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDink View Post
    pebbles thanks for your journal. I still haven't canceled my WW account, am torn with WW thinking and Primal. I totally feel guilty eating avocados, there is just no way to count points AND do PB. It is completely different thinking. WW pushes low-fat everything! 0 Points for all fruits! Blech.. this is my first week going primal and it has literally blown my mind to eat some of the things I have for years shunned... hope my story can be a success one day too...
    Good Luck on Primal! Just take it one day at a time, one change at a time. I stay with my WW group because I love the ladies. I use the extra 49 points per week in order to be able to count pts. I do fruit only a few times a month because I'm in wt loss mode. Come back and let me know how it is going.

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Good Luck on Primal! Just take it one day at a time, one change at a time. I stay with my WW group because I love the ladies. I use the extra 49 points per week in order to be able to count pts. I do fruit only a few times a month because I'm in wt loss mode. Come back and let me know how it is going.
    Thanks Pebbles! I will try that then, using the 49 pts and normal to help stay on track. I can see where eating nuts, coconuts & avocados I could easily lose control
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

I need to read a bit more I guess, I am at a loss as to what to change moving from a very low carb way of eating to a primal way of eating, except giving up artificial sweeteners. But I am already moving toward Stevia, so no problem there. And only use cream in my morning coffee, 1 ounce of cheese with lunch. I am going to go to the farmer's market tomorrow and try adding some seasonal veggies maybe sauteed in coconut oil.

I will definitely be keeping in touch, can't thank you enough for having taken the time and energy to keep this journal up.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Demuralist The biggest difference for me was not doing the processed foods. I did Atkins several times, but I always used atkins bars and other lowcarb frankenfoods as a crutch. BUT...I still use heavy cream in my coffee, eat cheese once in a while and use Splenda off and on...right now on. I make shakes from whey protein powder because I'm trying to eat lots of protein in the morning. I also use helmanns mayo and commercial salad dressings. Not perfect, but functional. Depending on your weight loss goals, you could have sweet potatoes, fruit, etc. all legal, good Primal foods. I usually use these things during my PMS week when extreme carb cravings hit. If you read my journal you know that I have gotten incredible results even though my track record has been less than perfect.

What does your daily menu look like now?

SouthernDink Yes, the nuts, CO, coconut milk, heavy cream, butter and OO can cost a lot of points. On any given day I use about 2 tbsp of CO or OO, 1/2 an avocado, 1 serving of nuts, and some butter. At the beginning, you should eat as much Primal food as your body craves. This will make it hard to stay within your points, but it is essential to eat what you want/need even if it seems excessive. Eventually you will naturally begin to eat less. I started eating around 2500 cals/ day. Now I average 2000/ day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am pretty much at your starting point. 5'7" 267 (I have lost 22 on Atkins in the past 4 months-I also had PE right after I started so doing Warfarin and HCTZ) I stopped all "low-carb" labeled stuff 2 months ago. My typical is not typical as I have been trying to tweek to get loss. But I am consistently between 1,500 to 1,800 calories with a rare foray up to near 2,000. My fat/protein/carb percentages hover around 70/20/10. Here is the plan for today...
    B: coffee, cream, stevia, whey protein, boiled egg, sausage (natural-no msg or sugar)
    L: canned, fresh caught Salmon, salad, homemade dressing (coconut oil, cider vinegar), flaxseed meal, an ounce of jarlsberg cheese
    D: pork, roasted broccoli and cauliflower

If I feel the need for a snack, I will do an ounce of almonds or macadamia.

After my morning coffee, I basically drink water, unless I am brain dead at lunch then I will have another cup of coffee.

Currently I am not doing exercise beyond my daily housekeeping etc.

I actually do not have problems with cravings for carbs, not sure why. When I do crave something it is usually for a crunchy texture, which is why I do the jarlsberg (I pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes and it ends up crunchy after it cools).

I do not mean to take over your journal, feel free to send me to someone who could help if you would rather, I will still keep reading yours as I feel like I am following in your footsteps, and it gives me hope for my journey. Thanks
    Chris
    Unknown