Page 2 of 1104 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 2

Sempronia is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I find binge eating to be more psychological than physical although hunger can make it much worse.

Try to take the stress out of binge eating. Because I have done this most my life.. to the point I would binge and purge (aka bulemia). If I feel it coming on I try to relax and think about my trigger to deal with it.

Is it a life stressor? Think of ways to deal with that stress item. Last week when my grandfather was hospitalized in ICU I immediately wanted to call pizza for lunch. Dumb right.. I instead grabbed primal snacks and went to the hospital.

Sometimes I visualize eating the item then visualize how sick I get from the item, which happens. Then I picture the mood it will put me in and how it will effect my family and son.

Is it a particular craving you can't budge? Pizza, pancakes, cheesecake, ice cream.. Just some of my downfalls. Make it a carb refeed day and make a substitute. Primal style. Every time you do this it hinders weight loss (unless a rare item) but at least avoids the downfall of falling out for weeks. And the ill feeling that goes with other foods.

If all else fails. Eat 1 meal of crap.. feel like crap and look at yourself and say.. Why did I do this.. But don't say oh well I can't do this. It's too hard. Just next time you eat remember how falling off the wagon made you feel. Hopefully it will happen less and less. That is what I hope

I hope this helps. Please you are not alone. A lot of us on here go through this. I myself have come very far but still a work in progress

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks Sempronia!

I think the trigger was carb flu. I was just not eating enough good food to keep me going. Last night I actually felt ill, so I uped my food intake. I know better that to starve myself, but I lost track this weekend.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Kitty D is offline Junior Member
    Hi, Pebbles!

I'm so glad you're writing about all of your experiences here, as they are helping me to realize I'm not alone. I, too, struggle with the emotional eating, and had (have!) a family that has MAJOR food issues. I plan on writing about all of these experiences; it's really helping me to finally get them out. I've been holding it all in for too long... I hope it's doing the same for you.

It's wonderful how you got through that emotional eating urge the other day... congratulations, and don't wait to reward yourself! The next time it happens, maybe remember how you got through it once, so you can do it again? There is one technique I'm planning on using when the urge to binge (and for me, unfortunately, purge, as well) strikes. And that is to Pause. I got this from the Normal Eating website/blog/book. Maybe you want to check it out?

When you're about to binge, you just pause. It doesn't mean you can't go and binge, it doesn't mean you're not allowed to. In fact, if you give yourself full permission to do so, sometimes it makes the urge less interesting. Because with genuine permission, there's nothing to rebel against... But even if you can pause for a minute before you binge, the idea is that there is healing and progress in that minute.

So just pause.

I'm happy you're here! Keep up the amazing work!

~K.

Thanks Kitty,

Pause and give myself permission to binge. Wow scary. I will try that next time. It's always good to have other weapons in the fight.

Do you have a journal? Can't wait to read it.

Well I had my weekly blood test today and my INR (a measure of how well my blood thinner is working) was 2.8. I can now see the Dr. monthly. This will ease my schedule alot.

I am feeling much better (less carb flu and urge to binge) on the higher food intake.

Snow Day! I get to stay home and have fun with my family.

I love the feeling of waking up feeling thinner than the day before. Yesterday evening, I went to my gym, did the belly dancing class and then a lower body weight workout while waiting for the Weight Watchers meeting to begin.

I hit a new low at weigh in. ( I stay in the group because we have so much fun together and the support is essential.) The ladies are starting to comment on how good I look. Then I have to admit that I am not doing the WW plan. I do sometimes count the points, but I do not follow the WW philosophy of "You can eat whatever you want as long as you count it." I tell them that I don't eat sugar or grains.

Last night I won a game and the leader kept trying to give me WW frankenfood as a prize. "Sorry, I can't eat that". She finally gave me cover for my weigh in book.

Hopefully, I will be able to claim a weightloss for my official weigh in on Saturday.

pebblehead is offline Member
    Hi Pebbles. You and I have a lot in common, same age, (almost!) same nickname. Except mine is because that's what my hubby calls me when I wear my hair in a high ponytail. :-)

I'm just (re)starting primal myself. I had started a little over a year ago, lost 15 pounds without even thinking about it (need to loose ~100), then gained it all back over 2010. I haven't been eating wheat or grains very frequently for about a year now but I just started making a real effort -- and cutting out alcohol -- at the beginning of the year. Here's hoping that 2011 is more successful.

Good luck on your primal efforts. I look forward to reading more!

Hi Pebblehead,

Thanks for the encouragement. May be we can keep each other on track for 2011.

Weekly Check In Feeling Great. Lost 1.2 pounds this week . BF% 41.5, BMI 36.1-no change. I'm going to have a mini celebration when those start to change. I just started using these measurements, so I am not sure what my BF and BMI were at the beginning.

Waist -.5 (-9.5 total),
    Hips - same (-6 total)
    Bust -same ( -5 total)
    Arms -same (-2 total)
    Thighs -same (-4 total)

I think I will post a typical menu later.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-15-2011 at 03:14 AM. Reason: change stats

A typical menu as promised:

Breakfast: 1 egg, 3 slices of bacon, mixed veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach)
    or a protein shake with fruit if I am bored with the above.
    Lunch: Leftover meat or tuna with mayo or deli meat with carrots, celery or peppers

Dinner: Meat with salad or hot veggies.

Snacks: almonds (24), apple, berries, cheese

Drinks: Coffee with cream, CO and splenda, Water, SF drink mix or soda once in a while.

*I eat some dairy, use artificial sweeteners, don't avoid nightshades, don't buy organic/grassfed meat yet and stay between 50 and 100 carbs/day.