Page 19 of 1175 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129691195191019 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 19

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I'm going to post daily for a while to keep myself honest. My 44th birthday is on August 25th. I don't want to reach that day feeling like this.
    *internet hugs* I am going through the same thing right now. Posting every day is a very brave thing to do and also very helpful. Let's commit to stopping the binge skid NOW.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    that picture is really awesome. someone managed to find a picture of the original inhabitants of my dad's house in front of the house(which has been a family home since 1976). that's only 1920s, so not as old as the one you have. nevertheless, it's still pretty cool. some more recent local history, one of the first inhabitants of my house had all of their kids put their feet in wet cement in my backyard. there are 9 pairs of footprints with the year (1964), kids' names, and the family name. it's awfully sweet.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ellie Thanks for your honesty and support. I think we ladies of Primal can be very helpful to each other just by being real about our ups and downs.

Saoirse I love stuff like that. I went back to the farm my mother's family owned in WI in the early 1900's. We found that my grandfather and all his siblings had carved their initials in the barn door.

how cool! we still own some land from 1904. many of my relatives are buried there, and my grandfather was born there. we visit the old homestead once a year for reunions. it's pretty cool to read about the stories (grandpa wrote most of the history down).

Aug 15th report - Clean Eating Day (no grains,sugar)

I worked out at the gym in the morning-chest & triceps
    Brunch - Protein shake, 1 egg, 3 bacon (68gm protein)
    Dinner with friends - 2 cheeseburgers no buns, salad with It dressing, melon. My lovely friend remembered that pasta was not on my plan. I brought the fruit and avoided the cake. We drank 3-4 big glasses of wine instead of grainy beer. Then we smoked a cigar. We embarrassed our kids and husbands with our wild behavior. But Oh was it fun. I so needed to let loose a little. My hubs was designated driver...God bless him.

Results - I feel so good today, I jumped out of bed wide awake at 4:15 am. My body must have been seriously bloated from grains. Yesterday morning I weighed to scare myself, 222 .4 lbs. Today is weigh and measure day, 216. Big Drop. That puts me about 3 pounds over my lowest weight so I feel better about where I am. I am not going to weigh again until next Tuesday. I have become very scale obsessed recently.

Report August 16th
    So at my official weigh in tonight at WW I was only 2.5 lbs above my lowest weight. I had a great food day. Ate a lot of protein at breakfast added fats back in and got in all of my supplements. At the gym I worked back and biceps.

The only negative was that tonight's topic at WW was "Meatless Meals". I just sat there and kept my mouth shut. That happens alot.

eww...meatless meals. makes me think of tofu pups or field roasts.

Aug 17th report - Third clean day. I can feel the excess weight falling off. I woke up again this morning with a very strong urge to weigh myself, but I stayed strong.

I have been incredibly powerful in my workouts and have been increasing weight. Can't wait for Friday to see what I can bench press.

Today is chemo day for Mom. Hopefully it won't be too stressful, lately we tend to encourage each other to eat badly. We have to remember that ,for her, staying Primal could mean having more time.

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Aug 17th report - Third clean day.
    You should be so proud of yourself -- that is AWESOME!

Best wishes to you and your mom.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pebbles, you are doing so great! It's great to hear that you're making WW work for you by taking only what you need: accountability and support. I'm sure it's hard to listen to them ramble about healthy whole grains...
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).