Page 187 of 1115 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 11147

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 187

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yes but you will eventually have to deal with it. When my husband's mom passed, his dad ended up getting ill and hospitalized within months (he threw off his electrolytes with poor diet), and we had to go and clean out the house before they could sell it, but we didn't have the benefit of knowledge from someone who knew what the older pieces were, where they came from, the basic story of them. Very difficult.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Paula we can go through scale withdraw together..lol mine still is not working.

Love the 4 rules!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the spring cleaning.
    Thank you so much for the link and the info on SPEED.
    It is just what i need to read. I have a problem with binge/secret eating. I know this will help me.
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I missed some posts somewhere b/c I know nothing about SPEED. Please direct me to the post that talked about that.

Spring cleaning is my favoritest thing in the whole wide world!! I wish I had enough leave to take that I could spring clean our house. My husband was gracious enough to persuade our son to put his toys away last night, and after getting something out to play with, he actually put it away without prompting - even nicer!! It was so nice to come home to a clean living room! So relaxing. I love a clean house, but ours always manages to pile up with crap. Mostly un-put-away toys and paper clutter. Nothing feels nicer to me than opening up the windows, having a nice warm, clean breeze blow in, and wafting around the smell of cleaning solvents!! Makes my heart go pitter-patter!!

Enjoy your spring break and your nicely cleaned up yard and home! I'll envy you from over here.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    For a while, myself, RMS123, demuralist and athomeontherange were following the SPEED program. If you go to doingspeed.com you can order the book.

The basic premise is that there are 5 components to getting optimally healthy.

Sleep
    Psychology
    Environment
    Exercise
    Diet

I got a lot out of reading the book, especially the diet and psychology chapters. The book helped me learn how to find my BMR, choose the right level of protein for me etc. The psych chapter helped me pinpoint some ways of the reasons why I binge. Most of the information can also be found in the Primal Blueprint, but I feel that the SPEED book is more user friendly. Some of their recommendations are non primal, however.

We have a support group which I think is still listed in demuralist's signature. Most of us do not post there anymore. For me it just became a hassle to write everything twice.

EDIT: Technically, I am still doing SPEED. I just posted in our group journal. I think I'll concentrate on sleep and psychology.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-27-2012 at 02:22 PM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks. I'll check out that site.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I decided to go back to "my basics" as well and not focus on weight loss but on better health too.
    Good luck with the works! We'll be cleaning out stuff in the garden as well, this year I'm finally getting a new garden set (table and chairs)
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    Good Morning Paula..
    I am getting so much from the book. I wanted to thank you again.
    How did the cleaning go..
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Vanessa So glad you like the book. I figure the more we read, the better chance we have of finding the answers we need.
    The cleaning will start on Saturday and continue through spring break. I think I will list what I get done here to encourage myself to keep on going.

No Weigh Day 2...Argh! I almost got on the scale. I think I look and feel thinner today. :P
    Sleep: 5:50 choppy 11 awake periods

My 5 rules (based on marcadav's post)
    1) Aim to be healthy strong and balanced.
    2) Eat at minimum of 100g protein, 80g fat and 50g carbs
    3) Exercise 5 days/week
    4) Periodically Track food & exercise to make sure I am getting enough, but not too much (exercise). Weigh and measure 1x/month.
    5) Let my body do what it wants as long as I follow 1-4, and try not to obsess about it.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    This my take on the scale, especially when you are used to weighing in as often as you have. It's like the old friend that we sometimes like that can be full of bad habits and negative words. I think that sums the scale up well.
    Georgette