Page 18 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028681185181018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 18

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    19 days until I walk back into the hallowed halls of Kingston HS...I had some high expectations for reaching new low weight and size goals, but as usual the summer lack of structure has made staying on task difficult. I have just come off a tough PMS week with lots of binges; probably the worst in months. I am up 5 lbs from my lowest wt. I would love to eat cleanly from today until I go back to work in the hopes of being maybe 5 lbs thinner than when I left.

That said, it has been a great summer. I have kept up workouts at the gym and built muscle. I have gained a ton self confidence from my theater experience. I Have taken some wonderful trips and adventures with my family including one to the Gettysburg Battlefield which was awesome. I will start the new school year certainly changed for the better on the inside. The outside will get there soon enough.

Hey does my feather hat avatar look silly? I was thinking of changing it back because people who don't know it is a costume might think I'm a little eccentric. lol
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 08-12-2011 at 03:44 AM. Reason: added a question

"HELLO hello hello is there anybody out there...please post if you can hear me...Is there anyone at all..." Pink Floyd (changes mine of course)

LOL I've been listening to oldies on Pandora as I clean my house. My kids are very embarassed by my dancing and singing, but I'm having fun.

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    Keep the feather hat. It repels boring people.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primaLeaf View Post
    Keep the feather hat. It repels boring people.
    This.

Break out the Devo if you really want to embarrass kids.
    Georgette

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    ah, the Devo.

i like the hat, too, and i know about those PMS binges. god help me. i'm a potato fiend these days. i asked the veggie box people to not put in potatoes this time~ helps to stave away the temptation. DH is completely unmoved by potatoes, i don't get it. why doesn't he just go "OMG potatoes!!!!" the way i do?

Devo won't work. My 13 year old son just loaded about 50 songs from my "Like Omigod" 80's collection. One of them was, you guessed it, Whip It.

Totally unrelated to Primal...I did the coolest thing yesterday.

I went yard saleing/antiquing with my 13 yr old. I found a picture from 1889. All 8 people were identified on the back by name and the location was Jackson Lake. I bought it for $1. I couldn't stand for these ancestors to remain lost since they didn't have to be. Last night I went onto my ancestry account, researched the people and contacted other researchers of those names. Turns out the picture was taken at Jackson Lake Alabama. How the pic got to NY is a mystery. So far 5 people have contacted me to say thanks and tell me how thrilled they are with the picture. I'll try to put it up here. as soon as I post this.

Last edited by Pebbles67; 08-14-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Truth telling time...some switch has gone off in my head and I have been bingeing nightly for almost 2 weeks. I am up 10 pounds and am starting to get scared. This is the old me, stressed, out of control, more likely to say F-it and just eat. Yes my Mom is very sick, my husband has a heart arhythmia that went from monthly attacks to almost daily, and I'm worried about the new school year for me and my kids, but doing this to myself is not helping anyone. I can tell things are getting bad because I am living in my head a lot and projecting negative thoughts on the future instead of staying in the moment.

I need to go back to eating fat and being faithful with my supplements. I've been unstructured with my nutrition. We also go out a lot in the summer so I am often in a position where there is good "bad" food available. Tonight We are going to a friends house for dinner and beer. They are Italian so pasta is likely. I'm planning to bring wine and something Primal to share.

I'm going to post daily for a while to keep myself honest. My 44th birthday is on August 25th. I don't want to reach that day feeling like this.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    For embarrassing songs, the one that truly embarrasses my daughters the most is The Beastie Boys Funky Monkey. Two more songs that should be good embarrassment fodder would be George Michael's I Want Your Sex and The DaVinyls I Touch Myself.

Absolutely love that picture. It's kind of cool to see a couple of the ladies in that photo actually smiling. We have a lot of photographs from the late 1800's through now and the one thing that always got to me in the older pictures was the fact that you rarely saw people smile. I really don't think it became vogue for people to smile in pictures until the 1920's-1930's.

You can do this. You are stronger than you let yourself be. I know its hard between your health issues, your mom and now your husband but you can do it. If you feel like stress eating, take a walk, write down why you want to eat and at the times in the future you feel the urge to stress eat again, read about why you wanted to eat. That may help put things in perspective.
    Georgette

I love old pictures too. and your right about the smiles. I think this was a more casual photo with a young group so smiling was ok.

Thanks for the support, I know you are going through your own crap as well so I appreciate you taking the time to respond in a thoughtful manner. I think journaling idea is the key. I have to put all the feelings somewhere so I don't stuff them down my throat.