Page 171 of 1140 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 11396

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 171

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    There are just as many posting that say that it is not detrimental. Truthfully it probably depends on the individual (Eskimos have done fine with it forever-of course they do keep a layer of personal fat for warmth too.)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hence the reason I said "can" be. I had no idea it could cause dangerous symptoms. I'd heard of carb flu, but nothing else. Otherwise I might have recognized the symptoms in myself. Many people do complain of feeling terrible on VLC or finding it unsustainable.

I suggested "Possible negative side effects of long term VLC eating" as a blog post topic for Mark.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-13-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: wrong topic title

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I have just responded to the second person this week complaining of hypothyroid symptoms due to a long period of eating VLC.

Interesting. People are posting many links that show how long term vlc can be detrimental. How come I didn't know this before? Because I was blinded by my "get thin" obsession.
    What is long term? A year? two? Just trying to gauge it. Thanks

Also, it sounds like your chiro knows his stuff. If only there were more like him. On that note, I am going to take Josh's advice and eat some potatoes, because they are f'ing good.

I was VLC for a year except on days I binged because I was VLC.

For the first 6 months I was pretty faithfully VLC.

The hypoglycemia is unique to my situation and a direct result of the rollercoaster of VLC to sugar binge.

Funny, there are actually 2 Paleo chiropractors in my little town.

canio6 Guest
    Hmmm....fair enough. So it seems then that a VLC Leptin reset type deal might work presuming one went back to eating Mark's recommended carb levels after that. Interesting.

Yes, I believe so, as long as you watch for symptoms. LR is not necessarily VLC, but can be done that way.

I am not anti VLC, for everyone, just for me. It has it's place in jump starting weight loss and treating certain illnesses.

I agree, I have not heard of any symptoms like yours from VLC, not sure it would have scared me away though, promise of weight loss with low hunger ya know. So it looks like your binges were telling you that you had a deficiency, just not one we expected.

You are so lucky to have that chiro!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Slept 6 hrs even with a nasty cold. You would think the cold would make my sleep anxiety worse, but it hasn't.

Food was perfect yesterday. About 79g carb, 86g protein.
    Felt satisfied, no urge to binge. This is, in fact, the toughest week in my cycle for possible bingeing.

Fun Plans for the coming weekend. We are going to Boston to visit my Brother in law and his family. Hoping to go to the St Patty's Day Parade. Even though I am not Irish, I have to be on St Patty's Day. I married a Walsh.

so fun!
    Chris
    Unknown

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I keep thinking of upping my carbs somewhat but I'm trying to figure out the best way of doing it. I don't seem to have that taste for vegetables anymore. I keep thinking that maybe some women just need more carbs then the men folk around here do. It's that time for me and yesterday was not terribly bad, but bad nonetheless. I ate a Reese's cup and yeah. Most days, I only eat carbs with one meal so I am thinking I may need to add a sweet potato or something into the mix.
    Georgette