Page 169 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269669 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 10757

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 169

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sorry you had a rough night.
    Depending on your insurance, you might be able to pay the naturopath, and be reimbursed by your insurance company. Some are surprisingly progressive about what they will cover.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Wt 221.2 -1 (At least, because I didn't weigh yesterday and I binged after the dance)

Food-5 meals/snacks
    steak and eggs and grapes,
    2oz walnuts,
    chicken and curried vegetables,
    cornedbeef hash and eggs,
    1oz cheese

Observations. I felt physically OK, but emotionally shot. I had a terrible night with low HR, sweating, and breathing difficulties. Sleep 4 hr 13m
    Since my hypoglycemia is "reactive" to eating, maybe my last meal/snack should be no later than 6pm. If I can get my nights ironed out, I can start to feel better. So far I haven't figured out the trigger. I have some good nights and some bad.

I looked up naturopathic doctors. There is one in the next town, but of course he does not take insurance. I think I will go see my chiropractor first and get his advice.
    Paula- I know its too late this year and I do not know if NY has a flex plan with insurance but you might consider using it next year. That can be applied with naturopath doctors. Our enrollment for insurance etc. is December not sure about NY. Also, sometime you can submit receipts from chiropractors etc. to the insurance and they will apply some towards deductible. Its worth investigating.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    My insurance may actually pay. The give me 12 chiro visits a year + more if he writes a diagnosis. I never did the flex plan because my insurance is so good.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    did you make the cornbeef hash, and if so, would you shared the recipe?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    From all you've described, your symptoms appear to be stress related. The more worried/ stressed/ concerned you are over something, even the symptoms themselves, the worse they appear to be. Maybe it's a form of anxiety?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    did you make the cornbeef hash, and if so, would you shared the recipe?
    Unfortunately, my husband is the cook. I'll ask him, but he usually doesn't write anything down.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    From all you've described, your symptoms appear to be stress related. The more worried/ stressed/ concerned you are over something, even the symptoms themselves, the worse they appear to be. Maybe it's a form of anxiety?
    Thanks NK, I'm sure that anxiety and stress does affect things, but I was absolutely fine until I crashed 3 weeks ago. When I close my eyes, I fall asleep very quickly. Almost immediately, my HR falls precipitously, and I wake up suddenly gasping for breath. It lasts for a few hours, then ends and I am able to sleep normally. I am scheduling my sleep apnea study next week, but I didn't have sleep apnea until 3 weeks ago either. I am starting a daily Yoga practice today to deal with the stress.

I've been reading that long term VLC eating can actually turn down thyroid function. I am hoping that eating a normal amout of regular carbs will help restart my system, but it will take time.

Wt. 224.4 +2.2 Had 1/4 tsp of salt at midnight. 4 hrs sleep on the couch. Same breathing and anxiety issues. Can I survive on 4 hrs sleep/night?

Yesterday's food was perfect. Didn't eat after 6pm. Tonight I will take my meds just after dinner and not drink my Natural Calm magnesium tea just in case that is the culprit robbing me of sleep.

Making more Dr appts this morning

Today, I made a bunch of Dr. appointments which should help me find more answers...a sleep study, my chiro, my yearly physical. Not sure why I need the last one because I have seen or spoken to her 3x i the last 3 weeks.

My new Primal goals are to eat balanced, sleep 6+ hrs/night and get well. Weight loss will be secondary.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    The goals sound perfect. Good Luck with all the docs.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day