Page 16 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826661165161016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 16

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Typical Dr. Stuff...They can't see her until tomorrow for the fluid removal. Good thing my hubs is an RN.

Mom is feeling better. They removed 6 liters of fluid from her abdomen. Today we have a CAT scan.

My Wisconsin Family is in my thoughts and prayers today as they hold my Uncle Tom's funeral.

I've been eating 95% Primal. My current problem is that I come home from rehearsal at 10 pm and eat. I'm ravenous. Last night it was steak and cheese. I guess I should have more snacks with me. We are expending a ton of energy on the stage.

We open in two days. EEEK!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Mom is feeling better. They removed 6 liters of fluid from her abdomen. Today we have a CAT scan.

My Wisconsin Family is in my thoughts and prayers today as they hold my Uncle Tom's funeral.

I've been eating 95% Primal. My current problem is that I come home from rehearsal at 10 pm and eat. I'm ravenous. Last night it was steak and cheese. I guess I should have more snacks with me. We are expending a ton of energy on the stage.

We open in two days. EEEK!
    Glad to hear your mom is doing better.

Break a leg!!!!
    Georgette

The first few "Music Man" shows have gone great. Primal living has given me the confidence and stamina to put on a great performance.

I went to WW tonight. I am losing weight again now that I have been eating cleanly. Total loss 63.6 lbs.

There is a lot of stressful stuff going on with my Mom and her cancer fight. I have to keep in mind that eating grains and sugar will not make anything better and in fact will make it harder for me to cope.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

We finished the 2 week run of "The Music Man". The most common comment from audience members was that they could not believe that we were all amateurs. It was such an amazing life experience. I've been invited to audition again and the director wants me to work with him on productions at our high school. It looks as if theater will be a large part of my life from now on.

I am incredibly grateful to Mark and the Primal Community for helping me not only save my life but also regain some precious things I had given up due to poor health. I am blessed.

wylde_child is offline Member
    Congratulations Paula!! I know what closing a good show feels like....sorry it's over, but happy you did it. I was in theatre a bit in the early 90's, but then got sick with fibromyalgia and gained a bunch of weight which made acting history for me. And now, with Paleo I've gotten a new lease on life and am beginning to feel like theatre might be possible again! Not sure yet if I want to have my life consumed that way, but knowing it's a possibility is truly liberating!

Hi wylde-child,
    Yes, theater does take an intense amount of time. I may only get away with being in one show a year and helping at the HS where I teach.

Weigh in day. Due to the cast party, I'm temporarily up 2 lbs. (4 margaritas and the only food available was pizza)

I've been reading Robb Wolf's "Paleo Solution". I am once again going to try clean eating for the month of August. I'm cutting dairy and artificial sweeteners. I will also cut down on caffeine which will help with the AS problem. Obviously no grains or sugar. I likely won't reach my summer goals of 199 or size 12, but I would like to weigh 5 lbs less than when I ended school in June.

Here's to a productive month.

Embedding Photos.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 08-02-2011 at 09:38 AM.