Page 158 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 11039

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 158

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Isn't this like homemade gatorade?
    I made homemade gatorade and pedialyte with a similar recipe a few times last year. I made it for me when I was marathon training, and for my 4yr old when he was so sick and dehydrated we had to go to the hospital. It was the only thing he could keep down for a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Gatorade was originally meant to help with electrolyte imbalances, my kids' pediatrician told me the kids should only drink it undiluted if they had dehydrated from being sick (like Fabbecky's), that basically it is a medicine.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I used it as a medicine at the gym last night. I started feeling imbalance symptoms. It worked well, but oh the sugar.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I was reading Nora Gedgaudas' blog today and came across this,
    "Note, however, that overdoing iodine or “loading” iodine too quickly can also stimulate over-activation of the thyroid in certain individuals in general, leading to possible heart palpitations, nervousness, trouble sleeping and anxiety-related issues. I would be inclined to test for TPO antibodies in such individuals just to be sure it wasn’t an autoimmune activation."

This quote can be found here:Radiation and Your Health: To Iodine or Not to Iodine? | Primal Body Primal Mind Diet and Nutrition

A huge symptom of hypothyroidism is lowered heart rate. It is just about 4:30 am. I've been up all night. Everytime I started to fall asleep I woke up because my heartrate fell. Just to prove to myself that I wasn't crazy I wore my HR monitor. My HR would start at 75, when I startled awake less than a minute later it would be mid sixties and falling.

I'm praying for quick and clear results. I need some meds.

Marcadav Yes, even though I have been having unrecognized thyroid symptoms for at least a year, I am sure the iodine supplementation precipitated this thyroid crash. Hindsight is 20/20. I wanted to get my iodine levels up to prevent female cancers. I hope it is not Hashimotos, but I won't be surprised if it is.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-04-2012 at 01:28 AM.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    A huge symptom of hypothyroidism is lowered heart rate. It is just about 4:30 am. I've been up all night. Everytime I started to fall asleep I woke up because my heartrate fell. Just to prove to myself that I wasn't crazy I wore my HR monitor. My HR would start at 75, when I startled awake less than a minute later it would be mid sixties and falling.

I'm praying for quick and clear results. I need some meds.
    Before I was diagnosed with hypoT my heart rate ran in the high 30's-mid 40's. As I sit here typing, about 10 minutes after doing a 40 min. Barre3 DVD, my heart rate is 50 (HR monitor).

I, too, hope you get answers and relief soon.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I generally run at 60 bpm, which is the low end of normal. What confused my doc, until my test results came back the first time, was my abnormally low blood pressure ( normal is 90/60 or lower.) My LDL is FINALLY coming back down far enough that she doesn't bitch me out (it was all type B, so I wasn't concerned), but I've read that consistently high cholesterol is a minor marker for Hashi's, so I'm not surprised that getting ym thyroid under control brought cholesterol down.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

It's funny, the low heart rate makes me feel as if sleeping could be dangerous, but most everything I read says that your body will wake you up before a crisis is reached. I have been trying relaxation techniques to help me sleep. This morning got a little sleep on the couch while listening to pandora. This afternoon I listened to a 45 min binaural beats session. I was able to forget that I felt breathless and drift off for a 3 hr nap. I'll try the same thing tonight.

I made dinner, did dishes and bathed my youngest son. Other than that, the day was a bust.

I was thinking more about why my thyroid became damaged in the first place. My first symptoms came within a few minutes of my PE diagnosis. I came out of the CT scan after having been injected with radioactive iodine. The doctor told me the news and I had my first "Panic attack" My heart rate raced up to the 130s and I nearly passed out. At the time, I thought it was the stress, but maybe not. R Iodine is one of the major thyroid killers. Unfortunately, I had another unecessary CT scan on Thursday. My thyroid is F@#$ed.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-04-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Wt. 225 +3

Sleep 5.5 hrs with only 2 apnea episodes. The "binaural beats" are saving my life.

Today's Plan-Eat clean, Salt load as needed and take it easy. I am using two supplements for thyroid support that have lessened my symptoms and given me back some energy. In school, my students will be doing listening comprehension and writing which I facilitate but I can do that sitting down.

Have a great Day!

Teaser...I will post a pic of my belly dancing costume by Friday.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    You sound like things are going better today. Look forward to seeing the costume.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day