Page 156 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 11341

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 156

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like central sleep apnea, not obstructive. In any case, scary!! Good to have a direction to go in, though.

Good luck with the sleep study when you do it! Be sure to bring your own pillow and blanket for maximum comfort. Trust me on that! When you've got wires strapped to your head and a breathing monitor on your face, the last thing you want is a crappy pillow.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it sounds like central to me too because of the brady.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I agree, I have obstructive and it is not at all like that.

For me, I can sleep in a lounge chair and am not affected by it, not sure if that would work in your case or not?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

So while was not sleeping last night, I did some research. Central Sleep Apnea happens when the central nervous system fails to tell the body to breathe properly. It can happen both day and night, but gets precipitously worse when your brain goes into sleep mode.

It can be caused by many terrible underlying illnesses, but some doctors believe it is caused by a lack of sodium. When I read that bells started to ring, lightbulbs flashed etc. I thought electrolyte imbalance.

I have been eating VLC, low sodium for a long time. Even my binges were sugar based, not salty. For the last two months I have been over exercising. AND I started iodine therapy during which thay recommend salt loading for bromide detox symptoms. I didn't salt load because until I crashed and burned last Thursday i wasn't having symptoms. I didn't want to gain wt due to unneeded salt. Idiot. (I have stopped the iodine until I find out my thyroid status.)

So, I drank 1 cup of water with 1 tsp of table salt. Within half an hour, I could breathe easily and my anxiety left. I went to bed at 9:30 and slept 6.5 hours straight. My go wear fit showed no episodes of waking which means no apnea.

I am doing the diabetes and thyroid tests today and the sleep study just in case. Sleep is a beautiful thing.

Wt 217.4 +1.4 due to salt loading, but who cares.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Oh my gosh, lack of salt could definitely be it, and I could definitely see that fueling your binges as well! Your body probably wants you to just EAT ANYTHING in hopes that some of it will contain some salt!

I hope that's what the problem is! At least it'd be cheap and easy to fix, lol.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    sounds like you are getting closer to a solution. Let us know what you find with your study today.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Oh my gosh, lack of salt could definitely be it, and I could definitely see that fueling your binges as well! Your body probably wants you to just EAT ANYTHING in hopes that some of it will contain some salt!

I hope that's what the problem is! At least it'd be cheap and easy to fix, lol.
    I know, I will be so embarrassed if all of this drama was about low sodium.

I've been thinking about the binges too. I read somewhere that binges are sometimes paradoxical in the sense that you will crave sugar when your body needs salt.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I don't think we are very good, at least I am not very good, at reading exactly what I need when I am getting ready to binge. I do know that I tend to eat a lot of a variety of foods and I do finally get to a point where I have killed the craving.

I do so hope it is sodium, what a cheap and easy fix that would be!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

geostump is online now Senior Member
    When my dad was still with us, he had high bp due to the MS so he went 0 salt on everything for awhile. Within a month, all the symptoms you have experienced popped up with dad. His was slightly worse as he became dehydrated. IV went in him at the hospital and he was immediately better. When my bp got really bad earlier last year, my doc wanted me low salt but after seeing dad like he was, I refused it. That was when I found the leptin reset and all is good. I really hope the lack of salt is your problem hon. Seems like an easy fix if it is.
    Georgette

Mmmm. 75 g of orange flavored glucose. I guess that is my carb intake for the day. I have a sugar headache. Did you know...that a 20 oz bottle of regular soda has 69grams of glucose?