Page 138 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 38881281361371381391401481882386381138 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 138

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Funny belly dancing story...My teacher is really into the whole new age thing. One of the dances we are doing is to honor the "Goddesses" as well as the Goddess in each of us.

Last night as we were practicing it she said. "I will enter first. While I am waiting for you to enter, maybe I can go into a trance and speak Goddess." This statement was met by silence, then nervous laughter. I looked up and said "Please Mom, don't strike me with lightning from heaven" A few ladies nodded their heads. Another woman said, " My Bible thumping Mom will be in the audience." The teacher laughed and said, "Well, you tell me if it is too weird."

So she did it, It was weird, but no weirder than someone speaking in tongues in church. I hope in the end she doesn't do it though. I think it detracts from the beautiful dance.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    heehee, when we lived in Gainesville, Fl it must have been the new age capitol of the world, all sorts of that stuff going on, especially right around campus. But then my uncle also took me to a mass healing event in the huge basketball arena, it was a Catholic priest who was the healer. Super crazy event, people speaking in tongues, dropping like flies whenever the priest would touch them, singing and dancing in the aisles, it was wild.

I am with ya though, I would think it takes away from the dance.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    heehee, when we lived in Gainesville, Fl it must have been the new age capitol of the world, all sorts of that stuff going on, especially right around campus.
    Dude, when did you live in Gainesville? I wonder if we were there at the same time (1993-2000). Small world. I agree with you and P. It would definitely detract from the dance.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Glad to hear that things are going better with your husband. Right now, my goal is to get 1-2 good meals a day in. With all the craziness of the week, moving my MIL out here and such I'm really waiting until Sunday to totally restart.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Glad to hear that things are going better with your husband. Right now, my goal is to get 1-2 good meals a day in. With all the craziness of the week, moving my MIL out here and such I'm really waiting until Sunday to totally restart.
    That sounds like a good plan.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Well I moved to G'ville when I was 26, so 1984ish, moved to Nashville 7 years ago so 2005ish, so yep we overlapped! Small world.

I agree, best not to re-start in the midst of chaos! Good luck with moving your MIL
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    when is your performance??
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    when is your performance??
    Friday March 9th.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ahhh.. I see. I have to agree with the others.. something strange would detract from the beauty of the dance. Can this be voiced to the teacher tactfully?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i agree with the others, i always cringe when i hear that sort of stuff. religious tolerance goes both (errr..all) ways.