Page 13 of 998 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 13

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks Orannhawk and Wylde Child.

This weekend my husband's family had a reunion at a Dude Ranch. We had a blast, but I ate and drank too much. A lot of it was non-primal. I was up 12 pounds in water weight this morning. :O (3 days to gain it, about a week to lose it). I chose to eat badly, I accept the consequences and am moving on.

Next goal 199 by August 25th.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 06-25-2011 at 07:50 AM.

OOOH, I just noticed that I have a 5 star rating. Yay!

First day back on track was tough. Tomorrow should be easier.

Today is an amazing day to be alive.
    It is the first full day of summer vacation for me, a summer that I might have missed if not for God, karma, luck, etc.
    My major health goal for this summer is to reach 199lbs by August 25th, my 44th birthday.
    I have been Primal 9 months now and have lost a total of 60 pounds and over 40 inches.
    So much to celebrate.

Yesterday a cruise down the Hudson River with my family. We saw many lovely mansions, but mother nature owned the day.

Today a beautiful Catholic Jubilee celebration at the Maryknoll Missionary Society. I'm not Catholic, but singing hymns with my thirteen year old son was precious. He has my father's baritone voice. I found myself near tears several times today. I wrote a prayer to leave in the Maryknoll museum thanking God for giving me my second chance at life.

Ugh! I am not doing so well on my goals for the summer-199lbs by Aug. 25th my 44th birthday. My weight is actually up 2 lbs from the lowest number I saw 2 weeks ago. I know that the scale is not a good measure of anything. Oh, but when that # is good it can be so inspiring!
    I think I have to cut back to 1x/week. (Tuesdays to correspond to my WW meeting)

I have now set a size/inches goal for 8/25.

Now Size 16 (wearing some 14), Waist 33in, Hips 43in, Bust 40in

Goal Size 12, Waist 30in, Hips 41in, Bust 37.5in
    *These are standard American size measurements from Wiki and are used for reference only.

In other news, I tried a cardio kickboxing class on Wed. I'm still sore 2 days later, but it was fun. I love that tough chic stuff.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 07-01-2011 at 04:53 AM.

I have already set forth my goals for the summer, so now let's talk about the plan.

I need to clean up my act. I have had almost monthly binge problem at PMS time, but I have also been "allowing" myself to eat non primal food for special occasions. This has led to a three steps forward two steps back situation. Yes, I have lost 60 pounds, but I'm not sure I am as healthy as I could be. I have to let go of the idea that a binge here and there doesn't hurt. It could be killing me and I'm just going along making excuses. I don't mean to be a drama queen, but I am kind of pissed at myself. (FYI-I am now 4 pounds up from my lowest weight.)

Imagine where I could be if I had eaten cleanly for these 9 months.

The Plan - Pure Primal Blueprint, no cheats (hormones are no excuse), no fruit, limited dairy, no sweet potatoes due to insulin spikes, under 75 gms of carb/day. Post daily food here or on fitday to check carbs. I also need to make the best choices possible. I may not be able to afford grass fed everything, but I can try to make my own salad dressing and mayo.

Today - IF until lunch, black coffee w/ 2 splenda (yes I need to give that up too)
    salmon, salad with artichokes, olives, bottled italian dressing.
    coffee with HWC (not included in dairy), 2 splenda
    pork ribs, salad with bottled blue cheese dressing (dairy and garbage)
    Herbal tea w/ magnesium, 2 splenda
    40 0z water
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 07-03-2011 at 08:19 PM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Check out my journal. About a month ago, Naiad posted on my journal recipes for both Bleu cheese and ranch dressing using no mayo. Both use just sour cream and HWC. I made the ranch and it so much better than the crap out of the bottle.

Great! Thanks Geo.

Fairly clean day today. Good for a holiday.
    2 eggs, bacon, coffee, hwc, 2 splenda
    almonds, 1/2 bottle vitamin water (16 carbs after walking 2 miles in a parade in 90 degree heat. My hubs forced me to drink it.)
    1/4 cup fruit and nut trail mix (13 carbs), 16oz iced coffee, hwc, 3 splenda
    1/2 cup avocado chicken salad, crystal light lemonade
    2 chicken sausage, peppers onions and mushrooms, vodka (1oz) and seltzer
    1/4 hershey's special dark (6 carbs), herbal tea, 2 splenda

A little messy, but I'll take it. Tomorrow is my eldest son's 16th birthday. Where did the time go?

Clean day. Put my food on a phone app. Weight Watchers meeting tonight same wt and measurements as 2 weeks ago. Ate sushi today to celebrate with my family. God, I love sushi...

I have been doing very well on my back to basics plan. Clean eating + No cheats = weight loss. I am trying to stay off the scale right now, but I can feel my body slimming down. I love my new droid ap for logging food My Fitness Pal. It works great!

Practices for "The Music Man" have gotten really intense. We open in a week and a half. I'm thrilled and terrified at the same time. I just hope I don't have any bouts of breathlessness or dizzyness during the show. I am going to take my meds after practice and the show for the next several weeks because my blood thinner seems to cause dizzyness.

My new cardio kick class is really giving me stamina which should help me on stage as well.

I'm a little worried that I am about to start my PMS week. This next week is my most dangerous time for cheats. I want a clean summer, so I go back to school as healthy as possible. I will conquer this beast one battle at a time!
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 07-09-2011 at 12:05 PM.