Page 121 of 1091 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221621 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 10902

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 121

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    My daily supplement is a vitamin/mineral and includes iodine. Plus I eat canned tuna. Would love to one day read that this is all just a vitamin deficiency, but for me it isn't likely iodine, rats.
    It might be though because as usual the RDA recommendations are way too low. I think 150mcg as opposed to 500mcg-2mg.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    mmm, interesting. I have a case of sea weed I just never eaten sitting in my pantry (which oddly is never what I grab for when I am scrounging)

p.s. on the leangains site I sort of read it to say that it is for that last push to get to very low BF%. But then on another part he says something about a study that suggests it is possible (study was inconclusive) that IF leads to weight loss with less muscle loss.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-06-2012 at 06:23 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

What? you don't binge on seaweed? What is wrong with you?lol

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    It actually does seem odd that we don't binge on something that will give us what we are lacking nutritionally. Maybe that is the argument against my theory?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm...Paula, I read your 'binge' list. You've got nothing to be ashamed of. When I binge (bleh, I dislike that word) it is generally for a weekend and involves at least a six pack of beer, two pints of icecream, and a whole boatload of other crap. I'm not trying to discount the impact it has on you, only to say that when it comes to primal sins, hell, you ain't got nothing to be ashamed of lady. Chin up, you rock this sh*t.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    On posting when you're emotional: For a while I thought I should limit my posting because it presents a side of me that's only an accurate portrayal of how I am some of the time (i.e. when I'm feeling really bad). Ultimately I decided I would restrain myself to one post about the bad stuff on really bad days because the next day, or however long it takes for me to get past the low, I remember what I wrote and how I was feeling and it helps me figure out if there was a trigger or a cause, or just "one of those days". They are rarely "one of those days" anymore, and almost always tied to my sugar consumption. I don't think of it as self-censorship so much as self-filtration. I will still let it out, but I will shape it and control it a little so I can try to evaluate it later.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks Jon, After reading your journal just now, I want to binge on some sushi. Yum.

Maybe I'll change the word from binge to eat-a-thon or something.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Thanks Jon, After reading your journal just now, I want to binge on some sushi. Yum.

Maybe I'll change the word from binge to eat-a-thon or something.
    Perhaps - over-consumption of non-primal foods? I call it a blip on the radar. This is a lifestyle, we all have bad hours/days/weeks. I'm not going to feel bad about a moment or three of weakness. I'm too old for that b.s.

As for posting when emotional, heck, I am no where near as profane or pissy in R/L. This is just a good place to vent. No one is sitting here thinking, "OMG Pebbles/Nameless/Canio6 is such a blah blah with their emotions..." and if they are, well, to quote Dr. MLK Jr. "F*ck em." **

**in all fairness he probably didn't say this, but you never know.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Paula.. to tell the truth, I was just experimenting with IFing.. I think though, I need to do some this week. I have planned to IF dinners on nights I have water aerobics.. but I might start the IF from 5-6pm- 11am the other days. I did not IF at all over the weekend. as for lean gains.. I have not read the whole thing.. I skimmed and found that spot but I think your right, thats if your going for the 6 pack. My 6 pack is tucked well away for the time being.

Canio.. your so pissy with your emotions!! LOL j/k
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Perhaps - over-consumption of non-primal foods? I call it a blip on the radar. This is a lifestyle, we all have bad hours/days/weeks. I'm not going to feel bad about a moment or three of weakness. I'm too old for that b.s.

As for posting when emotional, heck, I am no where near as profane or pissy in R/L. This is just a good place to vent. No one is sitting here thinking, "OMG Pebbles/Nameless/Canio6 is such a blah blah with their emotions..." and if they are, well, to quote Dr. MLK Jr. "F*ck em." **

**in all fairness he probably didn't say this, but you never know.
    Better yet.. quote Marie Antoinette.. Let them eat cake! Thats a better curse!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.