Page 119 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 19691091171181191201211291692196191119 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 119

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I didn't mean to make you feel bad. You shouldn't be embarrassed - I could easily do something similar (a couple of weeks ago, it was the pork rinds) - and in the past, would easily have had a pretty similar list. I think a big part of my problem was the nutrition deficiency Chris mentions (I also had some weird emotional issues from when I was a kid (I wasn't allowed to eat certain foods - they were only for my brother - or, we didn't have enough food), but that went away when I realized I could control my own food purchases).

I'd say get rid of the tempting food, but I suspect that you're like me, you could make harmless food into something bad (I'm not going to give us any examples).

It really seems like in your case the hormones are a big contributor (or at least a big contributor) of the problem (unlike me, where I think mine is more nutrition-related). It seems like there has to be something you can do (eating wise or lifestyle wise) to help your hormones before they all crazy. I wish I had more of a scientific background here.

Most of what I read says that our lifestyle (what we eat, how much we sleep, how much stress we're under, how much we exercise) impacts our hormones. I literally have to fight myself the week before TOM to eat well. When I don't, I'm tired, cry, get crazy angry, and have the worst cramps. This is all better if I eat well the week before...and again, it's not what I'm wanting to eat, so it's a bit of a battle.

Have you thought of some cognitive therapy? My doctor had suggested that for me (I always meant to go, but kept cancelling because I had a crazy travel schedule, and now I feel like I have things generally under control).

I say all this, but know that it will probably take a lot to to get this under control. I don't mean to be flip about it and if I'm getting too much into your personal business, just ignore me or tell me to butt out

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Oh Ruth, I did not feel bad about what you asked. I thought it was a great question. I just didn't want to reveal everything I eat in a binge. The interesting thing I discovered in listing it is that I eat basically the same thing in every binge. HMMM Maybe some primal replacements are in order.
    My problem is that there is a lot of food in my house that is not for me. It's easy to binge.

***I do feel as if this binge issue has taken over my journal. I have a lot to think about and work on, but I think I will keep quiet about it here for a while. I am so much more than binges and have had success in spite of them.

I also may ban myself from posting here at high hormonal times, due to out of control emotions. I don't want my readers to think I am nuts.lol
    In 1990 I spent a month at an eating disorders hospital. After evaluating me, a psychologist wrote..."Paula needs to realize that Feelings are often just passing things and do not necessarily reflect what is real." I have never forgotten this and have found it to be true.
    On certain "bad" days like last Monday, for example. I might feel as if I hate my job and my life and wonder "Is this all there is?". Those feelings then may lead me to say "F-it lets eat because that is the only pleasure in my life". None of that is true, but the mind is an interesting creature.

OK enough outing myself. Please don't feel as if you all can't ask questions about anything I've written here. I'm just letting you know where my head is at this moment...as usual.

You HAVE had a ton of success and are an amazing inspiration! I always enjoying reading what you write. I often feel that my own journal is pretty darned boring in comparison You write about real issues that I think a lot of others have.

Interesting note on feelings. I get trapped in my own a lot! The mind is a very interesting creature, indeed!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Paula.. I was thinking that if you had a goal that did not involve eating maybe it would curtail the binges. For example, decide a destination on a map, figure the miles/steps. When you feel like bingeing, what if you walked.. and walked.. and walked.. to get to that destination on the map. Plot how far you went on the map during each binge or hint at a binge. I do not know if it will help.. it is just a suggestion but I was thinking that if you replaced it with something to focus on, it might help you ward off the binge. Binge or not, we luvs ya girlie!! I think we all having bingeing episodes, just different. For example, I could share the m&M package I worked on for 4 days

Hang in there!! YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Who needs the Super Bowl? We just watched the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. It was awesome.

Superbowl??? I don't think I get that channel..LOL seriously though, I dont think I do. Watching McGuyver season 1 instead..LOL

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Amazon?? You can find anything!
    Karin

McGuyver? Love him...

YUP... There are so many clips I can show for science class.. good excuse to watch them again
    Karin

What's a puppy bowl?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Every year on Super Bowl Sunday, Animal Planet takes puppies and puts them on a puppy sized football field with puppy toys. They play with each other and sometimes make touchdowns. The puppies are adoptable. Super Cute.