Page 118 of 996 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 9953

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 118

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm envious. I can't think that anything I've done has caused my weight loss to go into overdrive. I've done the 8 hour window...didn't seem to do much. Might have to give it another whirl and see if the body reacts any differently.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    hope the bingeing is under control and you are feeling well. What do you DO when you feel like bingeing?? This would be before you select food.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I'm envious. I can't think that anything I've done has caused my weight loss to go into overdrive. I've done the 8 hour window...didn't seem to do much. Might have to give it another whirl and see if the body reacts any differently.
    Go for it. Every day. It takes some time to ride your blood glucose in the morning, but it's worth it.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    hope the bingeing is under control and you are feeling well. What do you DO when you feel like bingeing?? This would be before you select food.
    I think about it. It always starts in my mind and somehow I end up thinking it is OK. Or that I just don't care.

In my most recent binge, I went from thinking about it to eating so fast that it stunned me. I'm not sure what the deal is with this. Maybe I need to go to an eating disorders counselor of some sort.

I have been battling overeating all of my life, but I don't remember a time where bingeing was so bad. In the old days, I would just fall off the wagon and stay off. lol
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-05-2012 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    Go for it. Every day. It takes some time to ride your blood glucose in the morning, but it's worth it.
    I get up at 4:30 am and am teaching by 7:30. My Lunch break is at 11:00 am. I would be so scared of being hungry and weak during my 3 morning classes. It seems so silly. I guess I could have some emergency nuts on hand that I could eat between classes if needed.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I can't go without my coffee in the morning, and I put HWC in it. Just one cup, but I think that messes up the 8 hour window idea. I have also found, for me, that I feel much better mid afternoon, when I get more protein for breakfast. Now that my morning protein has been something like 62g I have had none of the mid-afternoon "looking for a snack" thing that usually occurs around 3:30.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

I struggle because I like breakfast and generally do better. I could easily skip dinner, but have a mom and husband who like to eat with me (and, really like me to cook for them).

I hope you figure out the binging issues, Paula. Wish I had some wonderful sage advice to offer. I've been overweight my entire life, but don't generally binge (it tends to be more that I haven't fed my body well in several days as opposed to emotional reasons...at least at this point in my life). At least now when you "fall off the wagon", you get back on!

If I did the 8 hr window, mine would have to be lunch/dinner as well. Breakfast is the only meal I eat on my own. Skipping dinner would be too difficult with my family as well.

On "falling off the wagon"...The difference is that this is a lifestyle, not a diet. I know it works. That is why I posted last week about accepting my binges and just continuing to follow the plan.

No matter what time frame I follow, I plan to get in 130-160 gms of protein /day.

I am currently working on some "rules for bingeing" that may help minimize the damage. #1 is No wheat products. I was able to stick to that in my last 2 binge episodes.

Do you binge on anything specific, or is it just off plan "stuff" that causes the weight and hormones to go wild?

I guess I should do this so people understand what I am dealing with. This is mortifying and I am only doing it in the hope that if there is someone else with this issue who reads this, maybe they won't feel so alone.

During my last binge which lasted 1 hour I ate...

a banana with 4 tbsp of peanut butter
    3 gluten free grahams with 2 tbsp peanut butter
    a bowl of rice chex gf cereal with milk
    1 small bag of fritos
    3 pkg of whoppers (from halloween) & 1 pkg fruit snacks
    1/2 cup of chocolate ice cream

*measurements are estimates and as you can see the binge foods are carb loaded.

*Ruth, I believe it is the hormones that make the binges happen, not the other way around. Yes my weight usually goes up 2-4 lbs depending on the severity of the binge.