Page 1103 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 103603100310531093110111021103110411051113 ... LastLast
Results 11,021 to 11,030 of 11382

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 1103

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I feel for you on this one. My son has weight issues. His issues are that what he eats are high calorie... Carbs and meat, no veggies or fruit and his activity of choice is no activity. When he goes off to school all the walking brings his weight down.

We instituted a no more than once a week treat rule (till Dudla came home&#128530. I offer the veggies that he will eat at every meal I make for him (basically salad and broccoli). I get the best versions of the things he does eat (smallest buns for the burgers I could find, lowest carb nuggets, etc). We don't snack in our house, just meals, so there is no snacks type food here. Once I find something that is even remotely healthy I make sure to serve it regularly. But I do all of this as subtly as I possibly can. I do not want him to think I am putting him on a diet.

In summer he does best when he is busy, even if it isn't necessarily "movement" because at home he just lays around even at work in front of a computer it is more movement than that.

Good luck, my heart is with you on this one.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

jacmac is online now Senior Member
    Our adult son was diagnosed with Aspergers when he was about 5. He is 23 now. He was also a very picky eater, since going primal he has changed enormously. He eats a wide variety of food, any many many of his asperger traits are gone... completely. He makes statements now like what was I thinking back then? He can still be a little awkward and stuff that others learnt early on in their childhood is being learnt now but I am forever grateful he found this way of eating.

He chose to eat primal himself as an adult and embraced the lifestyle. Your boy may not choose to do this ever but thought it would be helpful to know of the possibilities. As a parent I was always concerned about what his life would be like now I am much less fearful.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    P - that's a hard one. I have 2 that actually need the calories, so I'm feeling them foods I otherwise wouldn't (like making shakes with heavy whipping cream just to get enough calories in them). Seems like whatever you try, your husband will have to be 100% on board. If I think of anything, I'll be sure to let you know. Wish I had some sage advice

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    How does he feel about smoothies? I believe that a decent protein shake can be a reasonable meal substitute for certain people. My mom made shakes for my bro for years just to make sure he was getting all his nutrients covered. A bit of all natural PB, chocolate flavored whey protein, and maybe a banana, plus some healthy fats?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement.
    NW, that is a great idea.

Today we are off on a day trip to New Haven, CT. When my husband and I started dating 24 years ago, he lived in there. We hung out at Yale and the surrounding area. We plan to see the art museum, tour the school and hit some of our favorite eateries.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I am sure the Wii Fit thing will be a great activity for the two of you to do together, as well Hulky is hoping to get my brother out on his bike while Hulky rollerblades. My brother loves riding his bike, so I don't think it'll be too difficult. Worse for Hulky, since my parents live on the hilly side of town!

Have fun in New Haven! I have only been down there for concert (Toad's Place), but the area is a lot of fun.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    We really hope to see that side of the country one day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Atticus books and coffee shop for breakfast...4 hours in Yale Art Museum (overwhelming, stunning)...lunch at Pepe's pizza...maybe another used bookstore on the way home (a factory full of treasures).
    So many memories for me and Bill

canio6 Guest
    That sounds fantastic P!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Two days until the Variety Show goes up. Dress rehearsal on Monday was great. Feeling ready.

Wish I weighed less...story of my life. I need to remember that 20 lbs makes no difference to my talent.