Page 110 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 10601001081091101111121201602106101110 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 11312

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 110

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Karin - Yes, when I'm on, it's paleo.

Chris - No I haven't tried planned cheat days yet.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Paula- I had a mini binge today.. I confess.. our hormones and feelings are so connected. That dang hypothalamus gets us every time. It IS a struggle we have to face monthly in the least.

Josh- for women the two are wired together.. its just the way we are designed. So we struggle to overcome and often have to take it one day at a time.

Paula- you still doing the paleo right?? or have you let some items back in?? dairy? something? hang in there girl...
    right. Women naturally should have more body fat than men anyway. It makes your curves look much better.

I really hope you guys figure it out, when you do, let me know, so I can tell my female friends what to do to lose weight.

Good luck.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

canio6 Guest
    Huh, you learn something new every day. When I binge...no, I don't binge, as I really do not like that word - it implies I have no control, as if I wake up from a dreamlike state surrounded by empty twinkie packets and ben and jerry's cartons...when I eat shit I shouldn't I know exactly what I am doing. I just don't give a damn. I go, "huh, I should not be eating this. yeah, but I want to. Okay, so lets eat it."

I had no idea it was different for women. Cool to know. Yay for primal and understanding the opposite sex!

chelle06 is offline Member
    I only read back a page so if I am way off on the binging forgive me. Last cycle I had my first ever without a binge. MY binges are always tied to pms. I once low carbed for 4 years straight and still fell off like clockwork monthly. Didnt matter if I was fat, thin low carb high carb etc.

Early December I sought advice from someone well versus in natural medicine and three things made a big difference in cravings for me. The first was taking primrose oil daily. The second was the natural calm magnesium every night. The third was to eat to my hearts content as long as it was lower carb. If it was 3000 calories it was ok. I made it through without binging on carbs. I even lost a few lbs where as that time of the month always shows a gain.

The magnesium and primrose made a huge difference.
    Last edited by chelle06; 01-30-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Hey Chelle, I actually take both natural calm and primrose daily. I think eating a lot more lower carb food may be part of the answer. I'll try that next month.

Jon, I need to work on the control part. The only thing that seems to stop a binge for me is going to bed. It's kind of embarassing actually.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Jon, I need to work on the control part. The only thing that seems to stop a binge for me is going to bed. It's kind of embarassing actually.
    Nothing to be embarrassed about. You have the raging hormones and all.

Yesterday was not a good day. Hormones were raging, stress was high and emotions were out of control. It culminated with a night of only 4 hrs of sleep. I woke up having a hot flash and couldn't go back to sleep because my brain started "thinking".

My solution: Stay home from work and take care of some of the stuff that is hanging over me. Get some sleep. Breathe.

Thanks everyone for the support yesterday. I'm damn glad that I didn't write all that I was thinking as I read some of the responses here. I may not agree with everything that was said, but it all helps to keep me moving forward.

chelle06 is offline Member
    I also ate a ridiculous amount of coconut and olive oil during the cravings week. I do mean ridiculous. My hubby about fell over watching me also eat a pound of dripping in fat broccoli with my steak. I also mad the choc/ coconut bark quite a bit. I hope you find your solution. It is not easy being a chick with all these crazy hormones! I hope you got some better sleep. That has a huge affect also. No mater what though, you have really done an awesome job!!!!!! Binges and raging hormones aside you are a huge success and have really come a long way!!!! Don't let some binges and those wonky hormones us chicks have let you forget that

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Paula- today is a new day. We can do this.. and I say we because we are all in this together Have a good day.. feel free to rant if needed but I love what chelle had to offer on this. I am going to re-read it a couple of times and possible implement when needed.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Chelle How much Primrose and Natural Calm do you take?