Page 109 of 1111 FirstFirst ... 959991071081091101111191592096091109 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 11104

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 109

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The big differences between the two of us is that I am a female, in my 40's and my binge issue is totally tied to hormones.
    This is a huge pet peeve of mine, and everyone I know uses this excuse. It's probably not true.

You just need to experiment more. Don't hide behind your gender.

You know I respect you and love reading your blog, but if I had a dollar for every woman who complained it was tough being a woman, well, what's 51% times the world's population?

My wife and mother in law sit on their butt, eating bread and pasta and cookies, and wonder why they gain weight.

It's very frustrating to watch and they honestly don't understand what's happening to their bodies.

Don't get me wrong, there is some logical sense to your statement, but that should motivate you more instead of frustrating you.
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 01-30-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Well, thanks for the edit. When you ended it at gender, the fact that I am a hormonal woman made me want to kick your ass.

I know exactly why I am not losing weight. Not being able to find the cause of the bingeing is what is frustrating. And I do not make excuses for it. It just is.

We are certainly not living the same life, so we can agree to disagree.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    ^I agree (with Josh, you posted while I'm positing). Obviously we're not in your shoes, but that won't stop us from rooting for you and hoping that you can find the right point of view to re-evaluate from. Keeping a food, mood & symptom log is supposed to help find out what might be causing problems, such as bingeing. It's a pain though, hahah

If it's really the hormones, there are things that can be done to help manage them, I'm sure. For example, using a progesterone cream if you are low in progesterone (but that is something you might want to get tested first).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^I agree. Obviously we're not in your shoes, but that won't stop us from rooting for you and hoping that you can find the right point of view to re-evaluate from.

If it's really the hormones, there are things that can be done to help manage them, I'm sure. For example, using a progesterone cream if you are low in progesterone (but that is something you might want to get tested first).
    True, that is something that I haven't tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Well, thanks for the edit. When you ended it at gender, the fact that I am a hormonal woman made me want to kick your ass.

I know exactly why I am not losing weight. Not being able to find the cause of the bingeing is what is frustrating. And I do not make excuses for it. It just is.

We are certainly not living the same life, so we can agree to disagree.
    Keep fighting the good fight, I'm right behind you.

True, that is something that I haven't tried.
    Have you had your free t3 levels checked? Dr. William Davis just mentioned it on his blog.
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 01-30-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    Follow me on google+

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I do so wish there was something I could say that would help.

Is there a commonality to your binging? Time of day, type of food, number of calories/macronutrients you have had so far, how much exercise you have done compared to how many calories you took in? (I ask this last one because lets face it this week you worked your a$$ off - 4 classes in 2 days, exercise makes people hungry).

The other thing I would say is to have the doc do testing to see if you have a deficiency (iron - thinking TOM here, vitamin D, etc.)

Binging is definitely trying to fulfill a need, I think you should try to see if there is a physical need driving them, obviously it is gonna be tougher if it is emotional so try to eliminate the easy ones them move onto the hard stuff.

Does it help if you just schedule or allow for a "cheat day" say once a month? (it wouldn't me, but I have heard it has been very successful for others)

don't throw in the towel, lets get this figured out.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

You see, Here's the funny thing. I have no intention of giving up. I was actually posting a quote that inspired me to get back on track again. The only thing I was giving up on was feeling bad about the bingeing. I plan to do what I have been doing.

I've done the logging and journaling, that's how I know it is around TOM. I realized that I can't do hormone replacement because of my Ovarian cancer risk.

My original post was misunderstood. I think I'm just about ready to be done with this journal. I got so riled up I went and binged. Stupid Huh?

Josh, you're right, It's not just about hormones...It's about feelings too.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-30-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    You see, Here's the funny thing. I have no intention of giving up. I was actually posting a quote that inspired me to get back on track again. The only thing I was giving up on was feeling bad about the bingeing. I plan to do what I have been doing.

I've done the logging and journaling, that's how I know it is around TOM. I realized that I can't do hormone replacement because of my Ovarian cancer risk.

My original post was misunderstood. I think I'm just about ready to be done with this journal. I got so riled up I went and binged. Stupid Huh?

Josh, you're right, It's not just about hormones...It's about feelings too.
    that's what I'm talking about.
    Follow me on google+

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Paula- I had a mini binge today.. I confess.. our hormones and feelings are so connected. That dang hypothalamus gets us every time. It IS a struggle we have to face monthly in the least.

Josh- for women the two are wired together.. its just the way we are designed. So we struggle to overcome and often have to take it one day at a time.

Paula- you still doing the paleo right?? or have you let some items back in?? dairy? something? hang in there girl...
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Paula, I can see (when I went back and reread it) the original quote. Not sure how I missed it, but glad that you are basically saying that you are not going to beat yourself up over the binges.

So that brings me to my other question, have you tried the concept of "cheat days"? Or even "cheat meals"? Like I said it totally wouldn't work for me, but it might give you a more controlled binge. And more importantly if you plan for it you can make it really count instead of just eating too much of something that happens to be in the house. For me, I would much rather use my calories on something luscious and homemade than say a bag of pork rinds.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day