Page 1088 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 88588988103810781086108710881089109010981138 ... LastLast
Results 10,871 to 10,880 of 11839

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 1088

tomi is offline Senior Member
    icky............ I'm eating breakfast. That's not what you need to see when you're eating eggs.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Are any of you eating very low carb on a regular basis (successfully)?
    Tell me about your plan.

I am going to do vlc to try to break the sugar cycle. My plan for the rest of the summer is six days of keto followed by one day of 100 grams of starchy carbs.

I have been reading my old "Eat more fat" threads. It has been fun recalculating macros for my keto days based on the formula in the first post.

I still don't believe that keto is 100% sustainable, but I suspect it would work well in a carb cycling plan with phd. I learned a lot from being keto and plan to put that knowledge to use. I loved the the clarity of mind and the energy I felt when it was going well.
    I'll have to be sure to get enough sodium. The carb cycling shoud protect the thyroid and help regulate hormones.
    I will be taking 3 tbsp of potato starch daily (15 g net carb) to make sure my gut is being fed.

One interesting note was how well many of my friends were doing in Feb as we headed into a second month of emf.

I've been playing with the idea of trying keto again also. I may be secretly joining you My weight is doing crazy ups and downs for no reason that is obvious to me. Although yesterday was a very high carb day - I supposed that could explain the HI weight today.

You were doing very well on VLC - I'm anxious to see how it goes this time
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Tomi, you were one of the people to whom I was referring. You weighed 178 in the beginning of Feb 2013.

I bet keto would really kill the desire for alcohol and other carbs.

Yes -- that's what I'm thinking too. and thank you for the reminder that I was doing well!!! You've just given me the boost I needed to VLC my way into smaller pants.

I've already put 4 chicken breasts on the BBQ and am slurping a mug of chicken broth for breakfast! Which reminds me -- I need to buy more whole chickens so I have carcasses to make broth out of. (Carcasses with which to make broth. ???? I hate having dangling participles --- is that right Teacher??? )

I have a sign above my computer that reads............ Paleo Challenge: NO dairy, grains, sugars, legumes, starches or alcohol.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

If you go to the " Eat more fat the challenge continues" thread and search for your name, you will be able to see your posts in that thread.

You may find it interesting and helpful.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    good luck ladies!

I have never been able to do vlc for very long, and never did get into Ketosis. But I think the key here is figuring out what will work for you in the moment, and it sounds perfectly reasonable to go vlc to kill sugar cravings.

I had a piece of cake (store bought no less) on Sunday and honestly it was so very sweet I could not finish it. It was only a 2"x2" center piece, not even a corner which I would normally try to snag as I LOVE icing. But when you eat cut way back on eating sugar you can't take as much of it, till you build your resistance back up. I actually threw away the icing from the top of the cake! Sacrilege!

Chris, that is exactly what I am thinking. Use strategies temporarily to get where I want to be. I love phd, but I can't seem to work that plan at the moment.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yep, maybe a quick vlc to get over the taste of sugar then back to phd. If you really got good at it, you might be able to head the binges off at the pass by jumping down to vlc as the hormones started to kick in? Do it for a week or so then back to phd, which will seem like a total decadence after vlc. Actually, vlc might seem a bit decadent after phd, I can't remember the restrictions on fat or protein for that plan.