Page 108 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 858981061071081091101181582086081108 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 11754

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 108

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Rats, you are right about the relationship not getting to be the same. It isn't even really about it being a male/female thing. It is actually about convenience, and serendipity, and not having to get together just to get together, and not always looking each other in the face when you are talking cause you are also working out.

Is he changing gyms?
    No, he says he will still work out there. We talked and worked out together today at 8am. He agreed that he would miss our talks too, so we decided that no matter what, we will try to arrange at least one weekly workout. I feel better. Because he is a man, I was not sure if my feelings were all one sided. He agrees that meeting outside the gym would be awkward and cause my husband unnecessary worry, so not an option. Nice to know the appreciation of our unique friendship is reciprocated.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    awesome news Paula!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Oh good, the fact that you can still work out together even though he doesn't work there will make a huge difference! that is totally doable and reasonable.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    saw this and was not sure if you are interested
    http://www.amazon.com/WillPowder-Egg...f=pd_sim_gro_3
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Thanks

"It's not how many times you fall down that matters; It's how many times you get up."

I have come to the conclusion that I must accept myself the way I am right now. Right now I am in a period of my life in which bingeing now and then is inevitable, but I can do my best to minimize the damage by getting right back on the path as soon as possible.

On January 11th, I changed my program to strict Paleo. I dropped dairy, AS, processed meats and processed condiments. For a time the change seemed miraculous. I was able to withstand the urge to binge for 14 days-a longer clean period than I have had for months.. Unfortunately, in the last week (end of PMS start of TOM) I had 3 binge evenings. The good thing was that they were not consecutive.

So here I am again, feeling down about the impossibility of ever reaching my goal weight the way things stand. We can all say cavalierly that it is not about the weight but, bull****.

I am grateful to be healthier and more alive than I was 2 years ago. I guess that will have to be enough for now.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    "It's not how many times you fall down that matters; It's how many times you get up."

I have come to the conclusion that I must accept myself the way I am right now. Right now I am in a period of my life in which bingeing now and then is inevitable, but I can do my best to minimize the damage by getting right back on the path as soon as possible.

On January 11th, I changed my program to strict Paleo. I dropped dairy, AS, processed meats and processed condiments. For a time the change seemed miraculous. I was able to withstand the urge to binge for 14 days-a longer clean period than I have had for months.. Unfortunately, in the last week (end of PMS start of TOM) I had 3 binge evenings. The good thing was that they were not consecutive.

So here I am again, feeling down about the impossibility of ever reaching my goal weight the way things stand. We can all say cavalierly that it is not about the weight but, bull****.

I am grateful to be healthier and more alive than I was 2 years ago. I guess that will have to be enough for now.
    I'm going to echo this for you.

If you crashed, it's because something isn't right about what you did. I took some time and realized that I hit a wall because I simply wasn't excercising or giving my body enough calories.

I unfortunately am not qualified to give proper medical advice, seeing as I'm not a doctor, but I will say this.

12 hour IF and eating when I'm hungry is working very well. I climb a bunch of stairs fasted, RIGHT before I eat a big protein lunch.

I also have decided to only count my protein (wait what?)

80g a day seems just about right, as per recommendation by a doctor studying leptin (not jack kruise.)

I'm actually eating upwards of 125g of sugar a day and I have accelerated my own personal fat loss.

I guess that will have to be enough for now.
    Don't settle, you can do it! It's going to take a bit more time than you thought. Don't just go in guns blazing without some rendered beef fat and some nuts to fuel your endeavors.

One last thing, don't forget the bacon.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Josh, I thank you for your advice and thoughts.

I have been Primal for 16 months and have lost 65 lbs, but still have the binge issue. I have tried changing all the things you mentioned and more. I have come pretty close recently to hitting the sweet spot where I don't binge, but haven't found it yet and I am tired of always trying something new. I will stay with the changes I've made and accept a binge a few times a month. The big differences between the two of us is that I am a female, in my 40's and my binge issue is totally tied to hormones. What works great for you may not help me.

I have to find some nitrate free bacon

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    The big differences between the two of us is that I am a female, in my 40's and my binge issue is totally tied to hormones.
    This is a huge pet peeve of mine, and everyone I know uses this excuse. It's probably not true.

You just need to experiment more. Don't hide behind your gender.

You know I respect you and love reading your blog, but if I had a dollar for every woman who complained it was tough being a woman, well, what's 51% times the world's population?

My wife and mother in law sit on their butt, eating bread and pasta and cookies, and wonder why they gain weight.

It's very frustrating to watch and they honestly don't understand what's happening to their bodies.

Don't get me wrong, there is some logical sense to your statement, but that should motivate you more instead of frustrating you.
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 01-30-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, thanks for the edit. When you ended it at gender, the fact that I am a hormonal woman made me want to kick your ass.

I know exactly why I am not losing weight. Not being able to find the cause of the bingeing is what is frustrating. And I do not make excuses for it. It just is.

We are certainly not living the same life, so we can agree to disagree.