Page 1060 of 1199 FirstFirst ... 605609601010105010581059106010611062107011101160 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,600 of 11982

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 1060

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    They are fully aware and supportive of my program, I am just not that good at avoiding temptation.

Two days ago we went to a bar that serves peanuts. I had a drink, hit the peanuts hard, then had nachos. The only thing I avoided in that mess was gluten. Lol
    You're supposed to AVOID temptation????? Crap... there goes all the fun.....

tomi is online now Senior Member
    why is it that FOOD is such a strong social force in our society? I mean........ bring out a birthday cake and it is almost EXPECTED that everyone will partake. And if someone declines? OH MY GOSH!!! "WHAT?? YOU'RE NOT HAVING CAKE?.... ARE YOU ILL?"

Honestly I think its like this........the little voice inside says....... "I'm having cake, so you better have cake too or you will make me feel guilty for indulging!! DAMN IT EAT THIS CAKE!"

and then we politely say, "Oh, are you sure? How 'bout just a small piece?"

I mean........ its food.......... its not some ritualistic rite of passage - or something that is going to save our souls from eternal damnation!

Okay.......... rant over.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Food pushing goes back to our culture for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Food pushing goes back to our culture for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Right? Even I do it when I bring in food, though my "pushing" is usually, you're going to eat junk later anyway, why not have homemade sweet potato brownies/apple crisp/real beef chile instead? I rarely bring in food that I won't eat myself, but without fail the junk has always gone first. So it's more of a I feel bad because my real food always loses to the crap.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I am not a food pusher so much as a "can I get you something to eat" kind of person. I am also not prone to being pushed generally. But do find it hard to pass up homemade food from someone I know is a good cook.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm not a food pusher at ALL. And I get really offended when someone tries to guilt me or force me to eat something. If I say "no thank you" I mean it........ and I also respect it when others say the same.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

angela is online now Senior Member
    I used to worry about stuff like that too, though my mom would announce "SHE'S ON A DIET" to everyone when others were around... So now I just embrace my status as the fickle eater. Let THEM step on eggshells around ME.
    Oh lord, this sounds so familiar. Except it's not my mom, it's MY FREAKING BOSS! Food purveyor comes in with some cake pops this week that he wants me to try, and I'm in the middle of politely refusing when the chef butts in, "She's on a diet." Seems like I can't go a week without hearing him mention me and the word "diet" in the same sentence to someone. Man. Nothing like a bunch of dudes in the kitchen being intimidated by a chick who makes up her mind to do something, and flipping DOES IT.
    "Locked up inside you like the calm beneath castles is a cavern of treasures that no one has been to....let's go digging" ~ Maynard James Keenan

I am Angela, Southern Fried Primal... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106998.html

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angela View Post
    Oh lord, this sounds so familiar. Except it's not my mom, it's MY FREAKING BOSS! Food purveyor comes in with some cake pops this week that he wants me to try, and I'm in the middle of politely refusing when the chef butts in, "She's on a diet." Seems like I can't go a week without hearing him mention me and the word "diet" in the same sentence to someone. Man. Nothing like a bunch of dudes in the kitchen being intimidated by a chick who makes up her mind to do something, and flipping DOES IT.
    That's tragically hilarious... I love it when people leer at you like you murder a puppy every time you say no to donuts. It's such a shitty demeaning thing to do. My friends did that to me all the time. "Which diet is it now?" "Same one and it's not a diet..." I ended up having to make up imaginary diseases to be left alone... 'NO. I can't eat your cake, the batter WILL KILL ME.'
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    They are fully aware and supportive of my program, I am just not that good at avoiding temptation.

Two days ago we went to a bar that serves peanuts. I had a drink, hit the peanuts hard, then had nachos. The only thing I avoided in that mess was gluten. Lol
    Haha... oddly enough at my parents house I overeat on peanuts all the time... That's all they have. They have nothing except for peanuts, freezer petrified fish sticks and copious amounts of bread. Plus, they don't seem to understand what consistutes a grain...

"What about buckwheat? You eat that?"
    "No mom, that is also a grain."
    "Okay I'll just make you some oatmeal."
    "No... That's also pretty much..."
    "How about semolina boiled in skim milk?"
    *shudders*
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So nice to stay up late watching a movie and then sleep in.

I may hit the gym today, get my hair cut and take my inlaws to visit family or do some shopping.

I have started formulating my summer game plan. I am off from June 27th through August 27th. I find that if I don't set goals, the summer just slips away. With that in mind, I am making a daily accomplishments calendar.

I will...

Eat Clean
    Exercise
    Practice Music
    Do some Home Work*
    Study Global History**

*Home Work can include cleaning, repairing, shopping, bills etc
    **I will be teaching a new global studies class to spanish speakers next year. Every once in a while the administration remembers that I have dual certification in Spanish and Social Studies.