Page 106 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 656961041051061071081161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 11841

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 106

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Talk to you all later. I am at a teacher's conference all day and will have little free time. Have a great day!
    Have fun. Keep kicking butt.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Well, today I discovered something about myself and I'm not quite sure how to handle this new knowledge. At the end of today's conference one of my co team members complimented? me to a person from another team. She said "She was great, She kept us on task and moving" then she mimed cracking a whip. lol

I have always thought of myself as a shy,quiet person, but more and more I have been taking charge of situations. Today and tomorrow we are supposed to make 2 versions of a language test. When we were given our assignment a plan popped into my head which I suggested to my team and we followed it. My team finished most of our work today. I did keep us on task...but in a nice way.

So how do I reconcile my old vision of myself with this new me? I have to be careful that I balance my authoritativeness so that I am not seen as obnoxious. When I told my husband, he said that I have always been an excellent planner, but now I have the courage to stand up tell others.

I imagine some of this change occurred due to my near death experience. I don't like to waste time and I don't like B.S. The rest of it is just self confidence gained from feeling healthy and strong. It's all good I guess. I hope those people at the conference don't think I'm a b!$(#.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    All teachers are obnoxious from time to time, or so I am told

You are probably feeling assertive because you feel good about what you are doing for yourself. Eating right and working out do a lot for the mood and confidence. Embrace this! This is not something to be worried about chickie!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Yep, when my mom first lost her weight she was still working. Within a few months she got a major promotion. A friend who had sat in on the discussion as to who to promote said they had suddenly noticed my mom's demeanor allowed people to feel confident she knew what she was talking about.

Assertive not aggressive, confident not obnoxious, sounds like they were probably thrilled to be able to have someone in the group to help keep things moving.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I've found the same thing. I feel like it's always been there as a part of me, just more confident now to express and push for what I believe in. People are naturally attracted to leaders. Embrace it and go with it

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Strength and vitality have always been attractive qualities. Mental clarity goes along with it which would make you more able to focus and to lead. It all makes sense. You are getting better and better every day!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    often, it feels like a relief to have someone take charge. i think we tend to get in a rut in which everyone says, "well, i think we should do x,y,z. is that okay with you?" everyone's so afraid to step on toes. i think, as long as you pay attention to the responses of others, taking the lead is a good thing and an admirable quality!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

Assertive not aggressive, confident not obnoxious, sounds like they were probably thrilled to be able to have someone in the group to help keep things moving.
    This!! Be happy Paula!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    There is nothing wrong with being assertive and confident. If your friend felt fine miming a "whip crack" she would have also felt fine telling you if you went overboard, so I am guessing you did not. As you get healthy you are beginning to truly recognize your own value - of course other people are going to notice and appreciate it too!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    God, I feel nauseous today, plus cramps and a headache.

Worse, I am giving a Spanish Final and have to read the 45min listening part at 9am. WAAAH!