Page 103 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 353931011021031041051131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 11567

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 103

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    As a design student in college we each had to take a turn in a wheelchair so that we could better empathize and utilize what we learned in our designs. I think I would have rather had the electronic baby!
    Last year my dd had a barbie with a leg that had fallen off. The plastic joint had been broken. So, I took it to school during simple machines and told the kids a story. " Barbie has broken her leg. My dd loves her Barbie and does not believe she needs a new one. She needs this one fixed. As an extra assignment (not required) if you can design an alternative for Barbie so she regains her mobility we will have all of your inventions evaluated and judged." I had kids make a wheel chair from recycled materials, an electronic wheel chair from am old remote control car, one student took measurements and CARVED a wooden prosthesis, some made crutches that attach to the barbie. It was so cool. Then my para, glued the piece and actually fixed it. I need another Barbie for this year.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Mike was up several times with Zachary in the night. He is asleep on the couch with the baby in the carrier on the floor. The baby items are scattered all over. It must have been a crazy night.
    hahahahahhahah.. that is so awesome!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Bootcamp went well this morning. My husband bought me a new T shirt to wear to class, it says, "I'd rather be sleeping" Everybody loved it.

I thought I got away with only doing bootcamp 1x this week by going out drinking on Friday night...Well this morning, the teacher offered to do this week's progam once more tomorrow at 7PM after cardio kick. Oh Joy!

Now to decide if I will do Cardio Kick tomorrow night as well. I missed my weekly class on Sat. due to snow.

Karin What an awesome project. I always feel great when I come up with something cool like that.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Paula, that sound like a lot of work out with not much time for healing? 4 classes in 2 days?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

It will end up being four in three days, but then I get 2 days of rest. This is an odd week coming up. Monday night I'll do the 2 classes back to back. I am on a personal day Tuesday, so I'll do the morning BC class. Wed. and Thurs. off of exercise. I am also on conference days Wed. and Thurs. so not in the normal school routine. I should have more energy for the increased exercise. It will be a push, but as I said, this is a 1 shot deal. I'm in really good shape and I'm pumped.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I am impressed that you are in good enough shape to do it! It would put me in bed. Although I can tell I am gaining stamina. Last night I went to the basketball game with DH and we walked across campus to get there. We hoofed it cause we were a bit late. In the fall the same trek across campus with him was awful, couldn't breath, legs burning and weak, last night I kept up with only a slight bit of breathlessness as we reached the last set of stairs (our seats are on the top tier of the stadium) no leg burning weakness though. I take that to mean the lungs are healing nicely, and I am a little shocked that I have gotten into any better shape given I don't exercise.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I'm in really good shape and I'm pumped.
    Nice. Very nice. Let's hear that for the next three hundred and whatever days are left this year.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Nice. Very nice. Let's hear that for the next three hundred and whatever days are left this year.
    You got it, Jon.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My stamina seems to be improving as well. Maybe it's party that we're all getting a little trimmer, so the body doesn't have to exert itself for the same effort?