Page 1029 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 29529929979101910271028102910301031103910791129 ... LastLast
Results 10,281 to 10,290 of 11292

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 1029

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It was awesome. We own most of his movies and watch them repeatedly.

Paleo / phd Day 1

Wt. 207.4 +3.3

Yes, you guessed it, a binge. I am changing the name of my "plan". I never make 30 days clean, but I am back on the wagon right away. 12 clean days was a really long stretch for me. I'm sure I can get another really long run in before the next binge.

What happened? Sleep issues, Dehydration, Holiday weekend, Hormones. My period is now 5 days late. There is no reason to suspect pregnancy unless my iud failed, but of course the mind goes there whether I want it to or not. I feel crampy this am, so everything will probably be fine.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    So sorry about the binge and the crampy tummy. Just take care of yourself nutritionally.

Are you starting your whole30 over as well?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

No. I am eating W30 as much as possible from now on. I will count clean paleo days.

My husband and sons in the Memorial Day parade.
    IMG_20140526_101918719.jpg
    IMG_20140526_102433403.jpg

tomi is online now Senior Member
    My 2 cents on the late period......... plus the hot flashes/night sweats........... you could be starting menopause. I skipped a period every 6 months for two years and then everything just stopped flowing! but of course the hot flashes and stuff got really bad at that point. I did get to skip the horrible mood swings! Hubby is grateful for that!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Jenster7 is offline Senior Member
    Hi pebbles, good to meet you . Congratulations on going 12 days clean, that's great. At the moment I can't get past a week but you have inspired me to keep trying. Are you doing a strict whole 30? I really struggle with low carb as I can't seem to get enough calories and have really low energy so generally try to stick with A PHD style of eating. I also wanted to ask what you think triggers your binges? With me it's a combination of things I think, emotional stressors, junk food 'addiction' and a reaction to what is essentially a (albeit self imposed) restriction on what I can and can't eat.

Welcome Jenster7,

I eat PHD carb levels but only eat Paleo carbs. Sweet potatoes, fruit, plantains. I dropped white rice and potatoes. I am also dairy free. There was an obvious lack of cravings until my hormones spiked. W30 is not meant to be low carb, btw.

My issue with saying I am doing a W30 is that I have been unable to make 30 days, so there is always failure. I made 12 days and hit a new low weight. That is something to celebrate. This is the most successful eating plan that I have hit upon so far.

Triggers: lack of sleep, exhaustion, hormones, emotions or stress. Any one alone I can handle. When two or more are present, watch out.
    Last night I was tired, my period is late, and I am worried about stuff at home and work. A lethal combo to good eating. It always starts in my mind with food obsession and rationalizing why a binge would be fine. Once I am at that point, a binge is likely.

So I try to feed myself well to head off binges before the idea even enters my head.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-26-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    My 2 cents on the late period......... plus the hot flashes/night sweats........... you could be starting menopause. I skipped a period every 6 months for two years and then everything just stopped flowing! but of course the hot flashes and stuff got really bad at that point. I did get to skip the horrible mood swings! Hubby is grateful for that!
    How many pregnancy tests did you take? I am driving myself crazy worrying about it. Why? Because I had an MRI right around ovulation. If my copper iud shifted, the unthinkable could have happened. Argh.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Have you taken a test?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.