Page 102 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 252921001011021031041121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 102

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    While snow days are nice.. its a pain getting behind in your curriculum. So much to teach in so little time!
    Snow days can be a curriculum pain - when I was student teaching last spring we had 4 snow days during my time at the school - between exams and state tests I did not get in half of my planned unit because there was no time to make it up!

Paula - WTG on the IF, I am working my way up to being able to do a fast like that

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I am so dehydrated today. I have been trying to accomplish something today, but my get up and go is gone.

I napped for two hours, but I kept being woken by a baby crying. My son Mike (14) is a father this weekend. He brought home one of those electronic babies from health class.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am so dehydrated today. I have been trying to accomplish something today, but my get up and go is gone.

I napped for two hours, but I kept being woken by a baby crying. My son Mike (14) is a father this weekend. He brought home one of those electronic babies from health class.
    Oh joy! Let us know what it is like being grandma to an electronic crying machine Good luck with the dehydration. At least you earned it the fun way.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Those baby machines are creepy to me. I hope it makes the point woth your son, but don't envy you this weekend. I would take a real baby any day!

So "Zachary", my new grandson, has been keeping my son busy since noon. Mike is being very consciencious. It is quite adorable. The baby whimpers and then works itself into a good cry. There are sensors in the baby's back that recognize the wrist band Mike is wearing. He goes through the four possible "cares" (feeding burping,changing, rocking) until he hits the right one. The baby coos when he does something right. Sometimes he has to a combination of things. Right now, the baby is just fussy, so he is being rocked in his seat.

Can't wait till it goes off in the middle of the night...

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    As a design student in college we each had to take a turn in a wheelchair so that we could better empathize and utilize what we learned in our designs. I think I would have rather had the electronic baby!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Mike was up several times with Zachary in the night. He is asleep on the couch with the baby in the carrier on the floor. The baby items are scattered all over. It must have been a crazy night.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Hopefully there was a good lesson to be learned with that experience! Were you able to get any sleep?

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    As a design student in college we each had to take a turn in a wheelchair so that we could better empathize and utilize what we learned in our designs. I think I would have rather had the electronic baby!
    Last year my dd had a barbie with a leg that had fallen off. The plastic joint had been broken. So, I took it to school during simple machines and told the kids a story. " Barbie has broken her leg. My dd loves her Barbie and does not believe she needs a new one. She needs this one fixed. As an extra assignment (not required) if you can design an alternative for Barbie so she regains her mobility we will have all of your inventions evaluated and judged." I had kids make a wheel chair from recycled materials, an electronic wheel chair from am old remote control car, one student took measurements and CARVED a wooden prosthesis, some made crutches that attach to the barbie. It was so cool. Then my para, glued the piece and actually fixed it. I need another Barbie for this year.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Mike was up several times with Zachary in the night. He is asleep on the couch with the baby in the carrier on the floor. The baby items are scattered all over. It must have been a crazy night.
    hahahahahhahah.. that is so awesome!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.