Page 1013 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 13513913963100310111012101310141015102310631113 ... LastLast
Results 10,121 to 10,130 of 11824

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 1013

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Had a bad food night. Feeling rebellious and sad. Did not weigh.

My husband and I had a nice talk this morning. All is well. No, I will not be auditioning, but now we are in agreement as to why. I was also able to express my fears about losing acting opportunities. Feeling better.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Glad things are well between you and hubby.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Some thoughts...

There are 110 days until my 47th birthday. I would like to challenge myself to be completely binge free, but even if I could bank 100 clean days, I'd be ahead of the game. I would love to get to 199 or below.

I downloaded some binge eating apps to my phone. Maybe knowledge is power.

I wonder where my strength of purpose has gone. I have been giving in to binges much easier these days. Maybe it has become a habit? What other habits could replace a binge? How can I work out anger sadness or stress without eating? Last night I was eating to spite my husband. How did that hurt him?

I am setting an eating limit of 12 hrs ending no later than 6pm. Most binges happen after that time.
    Binges are not the same as choosing to have a Primal treat within my macros.
    I will follow the PHD eating plan.
    I choose to be dairy and artificial sweetener free.
    I will re write my binge action plan and work it..

Wendy717 is online now Senior Member
    Do you have a close/trusted friend you can call when you are feeling things to talk them out and head off a binge? I have a sabotage pattern, that every so often I eat things not on plan, I think to sabotage my progress. I haven't figured out all underlying reasons yet, but I know one is "I don't have a guy who cares how I look anyway, so why do I care so much?" Seems a very silly thing to say to myself, what I should be saying is, "I want to look great so I can attract a great guy that will keep me motivated to be at my healthiest weight!" Why are these inner programs so hard to re-write??? I feel your frustration....
    This is my journal page!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

bullymama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Some thoughts...

There are 110 days until my 47th birthday. I would like to challenge myself to be completely binge free, but even if I could bank 100 clean days, I'd be ahead of the game. I would love to get to 199 or below.

I downloaded some binge eating apps to my phone. Maybe knowledge is power.

I wonder where my strength of purpose has gone. I have been giving in to binges much easier these days. Maybe it has become a habit? What other habits could replace a binge? How can I work out anger sadness or stress without eating? Last night I was eating to spite my husband. How did that hurt him?

I am setting an eating limit of 12 hrs ending no later than 6pm. Most binges happen after that time.
    Binges are not the same as choosing to have a Primal treat within my macros.
    I will follow the PHD eating plan.
    I choose to be dairy and artificial sweetener free.
    I will re write my binge action plan and work it..
    Sounds like a good plan you have, Pebbles.

I have a hx of binge eating too and I agree, binge eating is indeed a habit. Our brain has become wired to binge eat after doing it enough and sort of "expects" it to happen.
    You and I are the same age...I will be 47 in 90 days and I'd love to be absolutely binge-free as well. I recently purchased a 99cent app called Before I Eat...it's pretty good and at least gets me looking at other options than bingeing on food. I'm also reading a book called "Brain Over Binge" which I'm finding to be very helpful.

You seem like a very strong person so I believe you will get ot your goal of becoming a "former" binge eater.

Thanks for the ideas ladies.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Since all is said and done I should probably just remain silent, but I feel compelled to weigh in and say how much I admire both you and your husband for standing up for what each wanted, in spite of being in opposition. It is just so easy to give in and go along because it is easier in the short term. I can see both sides and even though I am just an online friend I think I have a good feel for the situation. I'm glad you have had a good talk and both of you are feeling okay. And as far as the bingeing, I don't need to tell you that this is a great place to come and work through negative feelings. Although I don't want anyone to have problems, I do love the fact that this is a real community that one can turn to no matter what.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I feel for you P! I know that when I am binging there is not much that can be done to prevent it or stop it once started. Mine are not usually emotionally related so much as Wendy said, progress related. (I do want to say to Wendy, that your desire to be healthy and desirable should be independent of a man, you need to do it for you, which is about the time a guy will show up-at least that has been my experience). I so wish that I could figure out the trigger or switch that gets me out of the pattern of binging and back into being on plan. I would make a fortune! Happily, currently in the non-binge side of the pattern.

Went to the gym tonight. Laughed with my friend Joe. Totally needed that.

I am not going to report days binge free or even weights here except for new lows or big milestones. I will keep that info in my paper journal. Have a plan, cautiously hopeful.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know this is entirely n=1 territory and not really related, but RS + (potentially vitamin K maybe D, maybe just good fats?) totally destroyed my cravings even for primal treats. I know cravings aren't the same as binges though. Good thoughts and strength your way!