Page 1009 of 1131 FirstFirst ... 950990995999910071008100910101011101910591109 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,090 of 11305

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 1009

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hang in there chickie.. maybe taking a theatre break would be good to rest up, level your food intake and get into a good rhythm before taking on another show?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Hang in there chickie.. maybe taking a theatre break would be good to rest up, level your food intake and get into a good rhythm before taking on another show?
    This, perhaps knock it back a bit, get back in the game, then come back fully charged and ready to take it on! And what with your leg hinge being dicky and the band stuff and all that, I'd say that's enough the time being!

Are you still doing Barracuda, I forget now?!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yes. our final set list is:

Something in the Air Tonight - Phil Collins fading into Vertigo - U2
    Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Barracuda - Heart
    One After 909 - The Beatles
    Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

We had rehearsal yesterday. I came out feeling overwhelmed. I felt that Barracuda went badly. Hope it will get better. Gimme Shelter went better than expected. I am doing minor harmonies on some of the other songs.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I can't decide if I will regret missing this other show. I am thinking that if I do take a break, I will try to really kick some ass in the gym this spring and summer.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Impressive list lady!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    My performance experience is in a different branch of the art, but I have found that just showing up to see what's what inevitably leads to commitment. It's hard to resist the siren song of a new production. Sort of like sitting down in front of a plate of cookies even though you think you aren't hungry...
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I had to take a break from my favorite hobby too. I was going to sign up for another marathon for this fall but decided against it. I have also been doing poorly in the diet arena and the home maintenance/cleaning arena. I think we're just getting a bit burned out.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

You are right Siobhan. I need to make the decision to walk in the door or not. I guess it wouldn't be fair to my director friend to show and then back out, even if I did it before auditions were done.

Jenn, Yes, I too was accused of "Falling Down on the Job" due to being busy with my hobby. It is true that less gets done, but that is because I do it all. OK rant over.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Luckily my honey has learned that pointing out that I am "falling down on the job" is not in his best interest.

Seriously, life is too short to lose an opportunity to do something you love because the vacuuming is not getting done.

On the other hand, sleep is vital. And it seems as though that is what you actually give up.

So as today is May 1st, I am declaring my intention to have a clean Paleo / PHD month. I would say Whole 30, but PHD allows white potatoes and white rice which are W30 no-nos

In other news, I went to Rainbow Shops and bought two dresses without trying them on. Both were maxi dresses, one plus sized halter dress with geometric designs that cost $10.00, the other a lovely sage green tube top goddess dress from the regular section in Large that was on clearance for $3.00. The plus sized dress was too big. :P The sage green looks amazing. I am going back today to return the $10.00 dress and get the other dress in a few different colors. I will post a pic at some point. Tomorrow is May Day. I may wear the new dress.