Page 10 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 8910111220601105101010 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bedrock Journal - ( Pebbles67) page 10

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The Primal Lifestyle has brought music and theater back into my life.

When I was in HS and College I was a "star of the stage". (good enough to get a lead role in all three major productions that I auditioned for) I chose not to pursue a career due to the Asperger's syndrome that runs in my family. I have a mild case and I didn't think I could handle constantly being in the spotlight.

In the last couple of years the urge to tread the boards once more has gotten stronger, but my confidence was low due to my weight and lack of vocal practice.

A colleague is directing a local production of "The Music Man". I just joined the cast last night as one of the ladies of River City. We get to sing all the best songs. Boy was I nervous, but I had a blast at the first practice.

Thanks to PB I felt confident in my looks and my voice was pretty good. Due to my strong ABs I was able to hit really high notes (A below high C).
    The show is in July, so I'll keep you guys updated.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congrats!!! I think my weight has also kept me from wanting to venture back to the stage. I can't sing but I'm damn good at comedic acting and I keep thinking of wanting to try my hand at stand up. Hoping that within the next year, I can either try my hand at acting again or attempt a run at stand up. Keep us posted.
    Georgette

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    You inspired me to start my own journal. I didn't want to record food, bc I don't want to be food obsessed. I also didn't want to use my blog for all my primal ramblings. I love your quote "Let's get rebellious about living!"

We are the same height and close to the same weight. I hope to be strong like you soon! I dream of after pics, I've had too many befores that went nowhere!

Keep up the good work. You look like a different person!

Kymma, Thanks for reading.

You can do it. I personally know that this way of life works. I have never had so much hope before; Hope that this is the answer and that I can finally change permanently.

Thoughts on death

Morbid, I know, but this has been a bad week. I feel like we are all hanging on to life by a thread as thin as a spider's web. On Monday I found out that a good friend of mine (and my gym trainer) had a heart event which caused his defibrillator to fire. (Thank God). He was driving when he started to pass out. He could have easily had an accident. Very scary. I am grateful that he is alive.

Yesterday, I was told that a friend's five year old daughter had died suddenly of unknown causes. This is the second child from my church that we have lost in the last two years. In fact the little girls were friends and close in age. I imagine them playing together in heaven. Corny I know, but it helps. I want to ask God why.

I have my own health issue as well. My body could form a clot that could take me out of this world at any moment. All I can do is keep eating right and taking my meds and hope for the best.

I guess we're all in the same situation. People die tragically every day.
    Anyway, thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-20-2011 at 08:55 AM.

me jane is offline Senior Member
    I'm so sorry you have to deal with all these stressful things right now. I just wanted to remind you that spider silk is an amazingly strong material. Hang in there. Happy times will come back around again.

Thanks me jane for the encouragement.

Today - a deposition under oath, a wake for a child and a generally long day.

I Will Not Binge, I Will Not Binge!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Sending you some hugs and some encouragement.
    Georgette

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I will keep you in my thoughts. Life has such tough moments. Remember to breathe and cry it out, don't feed it away if you can. It's better to release than cope in most cases.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Funeral today was hard, but the parents were so brave. They expressed that they trust their loving God and that they look forward to seeing Aggie in Heaven again one day.

This was the scripture used on her memory card:

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Part of being strong and courageous for me today is not turning to food to smother the feelings that this event has brought up.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67