Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sciatica nerve pain page

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

Sciatica nerve pain

Shop Now
    Anyone got ant tips for dealing with sciatica nerve pain from lower back all the way down my right side. Really bad today.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Massaging your piriformis muscle can help.
    And you can try this stretch

If it is lower back tension, then you need to find a massage therapist or chiropractor.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 12-31-2010 at 06:03 PM.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    yoga child's pose helps me a lot and perhaps some magnesium if your muscles are tight?

Sue
    Thanks. All the exercises are too difficult to do. Lots of excruciating pain in calf. Will wait to see my chiropractor.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Sue, I have been dealing with this for almost 4 weeks now!. I found out I had a herniated disc in my back a while ago from an MRI and shortly after that I was sitting on the floor, just minding my own freaking business and pain goes shooting out across my back, down my right leg. My friggin foot goes numb instantly and I could barely walk. Worst. Pain. EVER. and it's been like that ever since. I called my doctor who gave me Flexeril and Celebrex and some other crap that barely touches the pain. They're sending me to physical therapy, a lot of good that's gonna do when I can barely do any basic stretch or even walk at anything faster than a death crawl without feeling like I'm going to pass out or throw up from pain!. I don't know if you have it this bad but it's from my butt all the way down my leg to my toes and I get crazy muscle spasms/tightness that brings me to tears. haha, yeah, it's been fun.
    The only thing I've found that seems to help is Magnesium and lots of it spread out over the day for the muscle cramps, works better than Flexeril. And alcohol paired with pain meds. But really, I just want it to GO AWAY 'cause it's seriously taking over my whole life. Sorry I'm not much help other than to say I know how much it sucks

Sue
    Katie I woke with that excruciating pain all down my leg and when standing up got the sweats and felt like I was going to faint. I hurt my back in August from lifting my son in and out of the car (he is over 50kg) as he is in wheel chair. The chiro said I had a subluxation of lumbar L5 and it was slowly healing and getting better. I had no pain when I saw chiro in mid Dec. Then after doing lots of lunges, squats and step-ups got very sore butt muscles and legs. A few days later started getting the sciatica pain when standing and once I kept walking it would go away. This was for over 5 days and this morning it was different. So much more pain and now while lying down too on the sides. On back is the best. The pain is subsiding a lot now compared to this morning. I may try the stretches again which I just couldn't manage with the excruciating pain earlier. So not sure if the exercise caused my sciatica or the original injury. I will take some magnesium throughout the day. Hope you sort yours out.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    When it is really aggravated and everything is spasming I think getting off of it and resting is all you can do. The whole K2, D, boron, calcium, magnesium, C, B's, etc, chain is important. Magnesium is wonderful, but if you just do magnesium without the rest of the upstream chain being well-supplied, it won't do you much good.

Sue
    Thanks Slacker.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Young Living essential oil blend called Aroma-Siez. A friend used it twice, and her sciatica has never returned. I use a variety of their oils (including Aroma-Siez) on my back (broken x5 with spinal canal trauma) and remain completely pain- and spasm-free. This stuff is truly amazing. You can find it on eBay. They have other oils that are effective for sciatica as well.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Sue
    Thanks I'll take a look.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast