Thread: for the love of Jane.... page

4me
    4me is offline Member

for the love of Jane....

Hello Everyone!

So i guess here it goes... my story...

where to start... i was always skinny growing up. I swam competitively in hs and college, was a gym rat and enjoy weights and working out (115lbs). met my husband about ten years ago...and well, started gaining weight. at first i was in denial... like oh a few lbs. big deal. but the reality was i wasn't exercising like i used to and we were eating out all the time. so i got a little chunky. i'm 5'6" (33 yrsold) and was about 153lbs. last year i got pregnant and started to eat really healthy (watched Food Inc. when i first got pregnant and that scared the crap out of me!) i gave birth this past June to a beautiful and healthy 8lb 3oz. baby girl. i topped off at about 205lbs. I nursed for about 5 months so that helped shed a lot of the weight, but i got down to about 172lbs. My baby girl (who is now 20lbs and 27") is going to be 7 months in a little over a week. And she is what i used to be, she's fun, energetic, happy, adventurous, determined and most of all is always smiling. yeah i used to be like that until i got fat people tell me, but you JUST gave birth...um almost 7 months ago! but it's not just about my weight though. this little girl is DETERMINED to get places, she's already got her army crawl down and she's FAST and she can already stand assisted. I just don't want to be that mom that doesn't encourage her child's growth and development because she's tired, or frustrated or feels at her wits end. i know parenting is challenging enough, why keep a bunch of unnecessary fat to make life that much harder for myself. so my motivation is not just for myself and my husband but for the love of Jane... (our daughter).

So yesterday we completely stripped our house of non Paleo approved items and started our new lifestyle. I realize this isn't just a 'diet' that it's a way of life. I think about food differently, where as before cookies, cake and all things sugar was my bff. if i was sad or happy or whatever, those unhealthy foods comforted me. But now i realized, i'm stronger than that and i've got things to do, friends and family to see and a life to live and now food is gonna be my fuel that gets me there.

funny side note, yesterday as we were purging our house i stopped and looked at my husband's gummy vitamine ingredients and the first ingredient was sugar. i was the one who purchased this... wow i've been so blind for so long.....he was sad to see his beloved gummy vitamines go, but he's just as excited as i am to start our new life

so anyhow that's my story! thanks to 'Balance' for getting me here

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Best wishes to you with this new, wonderful lifestyle. Jane will benefit immensely from healthy parents and a healthy lifestyle. Grok on!

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    You have a good reason for doing what you're doing. Here's another little piece to ponder - Jane (and your husband) need you. It's therefore critical for them for you to spend time and effort taking care of yourself. You can't take care of them unless you're already taken care of - by you.

Lance Armstrong used to visit cancer treatment facilities and talk to the patients (probably still does). He always found at least one man whose major concern was how to take care of his family. Armstrong would come down on him like the Wrath of God - pointing out that the man's job right now was to fight the cancer and win - so he could be there in the future to take care of the others. So take care of himself right now, and his family would manage for the short period that entailed - until he could step back in the traces.

Pretty good advice, I think.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    You are definitely doing it for all the right reasons. You WILL be able to do all the things you ever wanted with your daughter and your husband. It is the best thing when it all clicks and you realize the things you have been putting in your mouth might not be the best for you and just turn it all around. It will be a great journey and I really look forward to all your success. Thanks for posting :P Here's to a great 2011!
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Great job cleaning out the cabinets! We're here with you, keep us posted!

Cara
    primroseandpaleo.wordpress.com

4me
    4me is offline Member
    mmm love the look of that recipe Amazing Coconut Milk Chocolate Truffles!!!! are those ok for the first 30 days? or should i wait?

4me
    4me is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thank you!