Thread: clean food scources? frustrated with "health food" stores/products page

mosin46 is offline Senior Member

clean food scources? frustrated with "health food" stores/products

Primal Fuel
    i have looked all over my area in alternative,organic and health food stores and am unable to find a lot of products that i normally use and eat. thes stores are heavily vegan/whole grain oriented. all the dressings and condiments have soy/corn/vegtable oils in them. even onion and mushroom soups. this is consistent in every store. no veg made pasta substitues either. found stewed tomatoes and tomato paste free of junk and that is it. any reasonable online scources of such things. are i am i going to have to go into the do it myself biz?

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Yes.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Yes.
    +1

Visit a grocery store and buy the best you can.
    Hunt around in the forums, in PB cookbook, on robbwolf.com, etc to find recipes.
    You won't regret homemade, imho.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    All the things you mention are processed foods. Cook from scratch. Eat real food. Once you get in the groove, it's really not that hard and it's way better for you.

Gordo

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    All the things you mention are processed foods. Cook from scratch. Eat real food. Once you get in the groove, it's really not that hard and it's way better for you.

Gordo
    +1

Forget pastas and pre-made soups. Cook real food. Meat, veggies. If you want mayo or dressing, make some. There are tomato pastes out there that are safe. My local store brand happens to be one of them.

Meat & eggs, veggies, fruits, nuts. Don't need a health food store for those.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I don't see that PB is possible w/o from scratch cooking. (or a SO that does it for you) If it's in a box, don't even pick it up.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    I don't see that PB is possible w/o from scratch cooking. (or a SO that does it for you) If it's in a box, don't even pick it up.
    +1
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    One thing that has really changed for me when starting Paleo is I actually became a pretty good cook. Make things from scratch with whole foods, you won't regret it.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.