Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Jen AlcesAlces) page 3

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Feeling discouraged. I've lost a few pounds, then gained it all back. I thought I'd been doing better the past few days, but guess not. Troubleshooting what I'm doing wrong. Not sure if these are the reasons, but gotta try something.

- eating nuts & dairy on occasion
    - not doing my usual cardio?
    - eating too much conventionally-raised meat
    - dark chocolate every other day or so
    - not sleeping well, less than 6 hours per night
    - somewhat stressful home life

Ok that's all I can think of for now. Will work on the solutions tomorrow.

Better attitude today... I was freaking out last night about my weight. I took a step back & reread my journal... only to see that I am forcing myself to eat. If I'm not hungry, why am I eating so damn much? Habit. I need to either cut back on my portions, wait longer between meals, or skip some meals altogether.

Today I am listing the good things that have come along with PB, even if the weight hasn't flown off.

* No sugar crashes, which means no migraines
    * No horrible food cravings
    * "Normal" bathroom visits, no more wheat-induced emergency trips
    * Better temperament in general, as being hungry all the time made me a real b*tch
    * Eating the veggies I buy instead of letting them rot while I eat pizza

That's it for now. Happy day!

Feeling good!

Made a delicious ham this weekend, no nitrates or hormones, etc with a dijon mustard & maple syrupy glaze (not too much). Those are kinda hard to find at the regular grocery store. Also made a broccoli & carrot dish. Have leftovers for a few more days!

Watched the Bears game with my family (darn Packers!), but was very happy that I was able to control the tempting carb-fest. I had some icing off of a mini-cupcake, and 2 potato chips. Two. Mrs. Fishers potato chips are my comfort food... once upon a time I could go through half a 16oz bag in one sitting. With a tub of french onion dip. They also had pizza - which I skipped - and Lino's special salad which is a BAS with sausage & hard-boiled eggs & tomatoes. So, I was happy and full without feeling like garbage.

Skipped breakfast again this morning... and had veggies & shrimp for lunch. Did Zumba yesterday, and felt a bit tired and too warm. Not sure if it is thyroid or PB stuff. Anyway, back to work.

Reading a lot of threads about endurance training with PB. Starting to get worried about my pre-hiking training. If I'm tired after Zumba or a run, it will be very difficult to keep up while backpacking. I'll wait a couple more weeks before I start to freak out, and maybe order Paleo Diet for Athletes, in case it is helpful.

My latest thyroid tests are "normal" according to the nurse, so I should stay on the current dose of Synthroid. Bah. Need to do more research. And get the real #s from my test.

Not losing much weight, but not gaining. Feeling like I'm over the carb flu (finally!) and just starting my real exercise again. I've been LHT and moving slowly, but now it is time to start my Zumba & running more regularly. I ran 3 miles on Saturday, and other than a small slip on an ice patch, it felt pretty good. Have to get used to being on my feet more during the day & build myself up for the long road ahead.

Happy Groundhog Day! Early spring was predicted... would be nice after getting 2+ feet of snow in the last 48 hours.

Felt like stepping on the scale today... After eating a filling lunch and fully clothed, I weighed a bit less than the last time. (yay) My boyfriend also made a comment that I'm "looking fit" lately. I love positive feedback!

Took a bite of a brownie this morning, but only because my neighbor made them for me for shoveling her driveway. It was thoughtful and sweet, so I took a bite (was delicious!) then left the rest for my boyfriend. Maybe I'll take one more bite tomorrow... it's nice that I have no desire to devour the whole plate as I used to do. As for the rest of my food choices... they've been pretty darn good: veggie salad with ham & homemade vinaigrette, buttery butternut squash, hard-boiled eggs, organic chicken sausages with spinach. Tonight maybe a steak to celebrate Groundhog Day.
    Last edited by Jen AlcesAlces; 02-02-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: horrible grammar

Went for a run today; it was 11 degrees.

Yep.

I miss bacon. Will wake up early tomorrow for a nice big breakfast!

The road conditions this morning kept my from my bacon. Instead, I had a hardboiled egg and some tea. Then lunch, but still hungry. This calls for a BACON INTERVENTION. Tonight, dinner will be bacon. Maybe eggs or a salad, but definitely some crispy bacon. Can't wait!

Tried to access the renegade health debate from last night - but it seems to be only flash (not for iphone)... I posted a comment on their site asking if they would post it to youtube or some iphone-friendly way, but my comment was deleted! LOL.

Oh well, I'm sure someone will recap the debates on here. At least, I hope so!

Feeling well, doing well, although skimped on my activity this weekend. Going to the gym tonight for Zumba and heavy lifting... yay!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ate a lovely omelette for lunch today, with spinach, mushrooms and bacon. Yum. Dinner will likely be leftovers, not too exciting, but my new favorite thing to eat is sauteed zucchini with carrots, mushrooms, and garlic. So maybe I'll make that to eat with the leftovers. I could eat that 3x a day. Zucchini was cheap at Woodman's so I have 3 more... maybe I'll try zuc "pasta" tomorrow. Looking for other ideas too. Wooo

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast