Thread: Having a Hard Time Focusing page

aswimmy is offline Junior Member

Having a Hard Time Focusing

Hi Everyone!

I just started the Primal Blueprint (both nutrition and fitness) about two days ago. Since then I've felt less bloated, gassy and I fee like I have tons on energy. The only down side is I'm having a hard time concentrating at work (which in the last two days has included mostly sitting at my desk on the computer) from all the energy. I've been misspelling lots of words (mainly when typing) and I feel like my mind is working in over-drive. I have not had any trouble sleeping.

My boyfriend started PB the same time I did but has not had similar things happen.

Have other people experienced this? Is it my body adjusting to not eating grains/sugars? Any thoughts on what people experienced would be helpful to my understanding of what is happening inside my body.

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    type in carb-flu into the search engine ... i think u will find that u are experiencing one manifestation of it ...
    for me i went thru 2 weeks of foggy brain, low energy etc .. but it was the brain fog that was the biggest symptom

aswimmy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    @kiwineil: Thanks! I found this blog post about the low carb flu and it definitely explained what I was feeling. High energy, but my mind is lagging behind my body.