Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want? - 2011 Content for Mark's Daily Apple page

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

What do you want? - 2011 Content for Mark's Daily Apple

Shop Now
    Hello, everyone,

I'm doing a little year end review and planning for 2011. Instead of making educated guesses about what you want from MDA I thought I'd come to you directly. Here are a few questions. Thanks in advance for your feedback and for helping make MDA the best health blog on the interwebs. Grok on!

1. Monday Musings is a fairly new column in which I present and rant on any new research or hot topics in the world of health and nutrition. Take it or leave it?

2. Workouts of the Week are part of Primal Blueprint Fitness and are published every Monday morning. Have you tried any of the WOWs? Do you come back for them each week? If not, how do you think they could be improved?

3. Weekend Link Love is published every Sunday. It was started years ago and I've just kept doing it every week as a sort of roundup of all the various things going on in the blogosphere. I understand that many people would hate to see this column disappear, but I'd appreciate some more feedback on it. Take it or leave it? Don't change a thing? Suggestions? (I am half-considering merging Monday Musings into a section of Weekend Link Love. Thoughts?)

4. Recipes are published every Saturday. Keep 'em coming? Suggestions?

5. I've recently begun publishing Success Stories on Fridays. I find them incredibly inspiring, but I'd like to hear from you. Keep publishing them each week?

6. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are spots for Dear Mark (answering reader questions) posts and feature articles (often nutrition-related), but anything goes, really. What are your thoughts on the Dear Mark column? Any other suggestions for these days? I'm all ears for article topics, too.

7. What are your thoughts on video content? For WOWs? For recipes? What are your thoughts on podcasts? Welcome addition? I know many people prefer written content for its ease of scanning.

8. Any other ideas on how to improve daily content on MDA?

There are numerous other things you might want from the site, but at the moment I'm really only focusing on daily blog content (not extra (forum) features or new books or events or products, etc.). Again, thanks in advance for your feedback!

JAYTEEWHY is offline Senior Member
    1. Monday Musings is a fairly new column in which I present and rant on any new research or hot topics in the world of health and nutrition. Take it or leave it?

love these !!!!

2. Workouts of the Week are part of Primal Blueprint Fitness and are published every Monday morning. Have you tried any of the WOWs? Do you come back for them each week? If not, how do you think they could be improved?

yep , check them every monday , keep please

3. Weekend Link Love is published every Sunday. It was started years ago and I've just kept doing it every week as a sort of roundup of all the various things going on in the blogosphere. I understand that many people would hate to see this column disappear, but I'd appreciate some more feedback on it. Take it or leave it? Don't change a thing? Suggestions? (I am half-considering merging Monday Musings into a section of Weekend Link Love. Thoughts?)

I like this too but merging would be fine

4. Recipes are published every Saturday. Keep 'em coming? Suggestions?

love seeing recipes , maybe more often ??

5. I've recently begun publishing Success Stories on Fridays. I find them incredibly inspiring, but I'd like to hear from you. Keep publishing them each week?

I really like reading others stories , they are very motivational for me . love to see we are not alone

6. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are spots for Dear Mark (answering reader questions) posts and feature articles (often nutrition-related), but anything goes, really. What are your thoughts on the Dear Mark column? Any other suggestions for these days? I'm all ears for article topics, too.

I really enjoys reading these topics , a lot of which are questions I have been thinking about myself ,and many I never thought of before , very benificial IMO

7. What are your thoughts on video content? For WOWs? For recipes? What are your thoughts on podcasts? Welcome addition? I know many people prefer written content for its ease of scanning.

I am not much on podcasts , I like written content , a lot of which I will save or print out for easy reference especialy when I am not near a computer
    "Misfortune
    can force you into doing things you should be doing anyway. Lessons
    come from adversity. Anything can happen to anyone... You can find a
    new lease on life - more meaning than you thought possible in simple
    things... Let go. Live in the moment. Go forward". Christopher Reeve

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I like Monday Musings and Link love - I rarely have time to catch up or hunt out all the different blogs and websites that crop up. I do like the more in depth articles you do, but I guess there's only so much you can write about sugar...

If you (or sympathetic folks of the blogosphere) are appearing on TV or in magazines, it would be nice to see a kind of "wall of fame" - which would also be handy to pass out to people. E.g. I know there have been articles in the New York Times (/Post??). It's nice to know we're not alone out there! And good to see alternatives to "oh noes, you got fat over Christmas, time to live on crackers and celery" articles.

I tend to skim through recipes myself, but I know they are very valuable for newcomers and also to shake things up now and then. Perhaps....... perhaps a mini series on cooking techniques would be good? I know we have many former vegetarians who may not be familiar with cooking meat. Olde-worlde techniques like stewing, braising, selecting the right cuts, how to use butter and juices to make a thick glossy sauce - that kind of background understanding can help you put together your own dishes on those days where you open the fridge and see a pork chop and half a cabbage! Mind you, i lean towards traditional European / French "peasant" cooking! Others might not be so keen to try brawn and black pudding! Ooooor back to basics with things like knife skills? I have no clue how to sharpen a knife.

Videos - I often read blogs on a computer without speakers, so videos are of limited use to me. I imagine the same would apply to most people browsing during e.g. a work lunch hour? I much prefer a written version (even if it's just a transcript). Having said that, as a "non exercisey" person I need to watch a demo of an exercise many, many times before even attempting it!
    Perhaps videos would be good for cooking / skills demonstration too? "Spatchcocking in 3 easy minutes"??

Bet you regret asking now....

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    I'm fairly new here, but so far:

1. Monday Musings - love it

2. Workouts of the Week - haven't tried them yet as I am still restricted to walking and very low impact stuff by injuries, but improving as weight lessens

3. Weekend Link Love - a good wrap up

4. Recipes - I like the recipes, I can usually adapt them if I like th look of them (can't tolerate garlic or any hot stuff from the chilli family or ginger)

5. Success Stories - Oh yes, keep 'em coming!

6. Dear Mark (answering reader questions) - excellent stuff. I saw a recent blog on fibre possibly actually causing bowel cancer, love to see more research ont hsi one of it is out there.

7. Video content - not very interested in video content, my connection is slow and it goes in fits and starts, I very rarely look at them

8. Any other ideas on how to improve daily content on MDA - not at the moment, I am too new
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    I like all of your current content. I like the success stories, definitely keep them coming. I would be interested in podcast, videos too.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator
    Thanks for the great ideas, everyone. Keep 'em coming!

maba is offline Senior Member
    Mark, I'm sure you have a big following in other countries as well. It would be nice to see posts on the Primal Movement in other countries. Ok, I confess I have an ulterior motive here - I want my family back home in India to become Primal too.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I try very hard not to give feedback like this:

It's all great.

So I'll waffle a bit more on the theme:

Personally, I particularly like the Monday Musings and the Success Stories. But all the offerings are valuable. That puts me in the "don't change anything" camp, except that I have a feeling that if you do add anything, it will be even better.

I don't tend to watch videos or listen to podcasts...I get frustrated listening/watching something paced by someone else. So please don't make those the normal format for posts!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    - Recipes are one of my favourites, especially simple ones with fewer ingredients (with just the two of us here we don't really stock up on veggies since they'll go bad before we get to use 'em). How about side dish ideas such as 10 mouth-watering ways to cook carrots?? lol

- Technical cooking instructions would be great for those who are still learning (including me).

- I haven't tried any of the WOWs because I'm not physically at that level yet.

- Love the Link Love and Success Story articles as-is.

- Podcasts aren't something I'm into personally.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    A regular podcast would be great, as I have more time to listen than I have to read. As for the rest, I skim most and read what I can: good stuff.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast